Players star ratings??

• Thread starter Thread starter cakey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 6K

cakey

Reaction score
Are players star ratings accurate in the reports section on the player, reason for asking is because out of my two goalkeepers I've selected the keeper with overall the best attributes in my opinion as my first choice keeper, but the other keeper has a better current ability star rating by half a star.
Is this accurate or isit because my assistants judging player ability stat is not too high (think it is something like 12)
Help appreciated...

Yes and no. The better judging player stats your coaches have, the more accurate it is. I generally use it as a guideline but when I am stuck between a few players I will make a judgement call and not necessarily pick the higher rated player.
Some times the star ratings are just plain wrong. They will fluctuate based on how the player is playing, so if they are in a bad stretch it may be much lower than the players real ability.

Star ratings as far as I know, is compared against your team members so its always better to check a players stats manually and as mnk26 has stated, just use the ratings as a guideline.

It depends on your Assistant Manager's Judge Current Ability and Judge Potential Ability.

Its also relative to what league you are in. For example Player A has 3 stars in the Championship but only has 2 stars in the Premier League.

But if you want to know the players exact rating, you can use Genie Scout.

Star rating depends on the strength of your team and a players CA/PA values depending on which you're looking at. I wouldn't worry too much about your ***.Mans Judging CA/PA stats a huge amount they only really count for much between players that are more role specific. Overall star ratings will still be fairly accurate.

The higher star one may have better stats overall but could have worse stats for his specific role. Use them as a guidline at who to look at but always make the last call yourself, you can find great players who fit a role perfectly but have a fairly low PA meaning they get overlooked.

Back