Players struggling after good start

jcsteyl

Reaction score
Please help me to understand this...

I play with Manchester City (5 new signings). When I started my first season they were absolutely awesome! Scoring goals left, right and center.

But 13 games in they are really starting to struggle. There was no major tactic changes during the 13 game period.

Why does this happen that my team always go through some rough times? Is there something obvious that I am missing?

Please note that this is not my first save.

Players do go through slumps occasionally, it happens in real life and it happens in Fm, Man Manage them properly to get the best out of them, give them a break (they are not used to the English league) publicly state that they are not performing well, tweak your tactics somewhat (or if you have tweaked a it prior, revert back to your old tactic that was getting the best out them)

if team have lot confidence it can be possible
or
ai cracking your tactic
or
check your team talks

if team have lot confidence it can be possible
or
ai cracking your tactic
or
check your team talks
the ai doesnt "crack" your tactics. you give it more credit than its due

@ OP. youve been hammering teams for 13 games, now you're losing. its because youre team has got overconfident, you need to bring them back to earth. be more demanding in your team talks, if they are playing badly, tell them they were disappointing

the ai doesnt "crack" your tactics. you give it more credit than its due

@ OP. youve been hammering teams for 13 games, now you're losing. its because youre team has got overconfident, you need to bring them back to earth. be more demanding in your team talks, if they are playing badly, tell them they were disappointing

in game ai can change regular tactic to another tactic just for your team i mean that

But wont my players get grudges against me for giving them lip?

But wont my players get grudges against me for giving them lip?
normally only if its undeserved, and if they give it to you when it is deserved, drop them.

Just to add to madsheep's advice:

Some players respond better to hugs and cuddles and some to a good kicking in the dressing room.

All goes down to their personalities/hidden stats. Check the motivation of your players during matches and afterwards to see what team talk seems to help each player most - and it won't always be the same because circumstances for each match will be different but you can quickly get a general feel for things.

I have this mental block that I cant surpass. Every game I have ever played can be "cracked". But trying to understand the mechanics for Football Manager is a lost case. But this wont keep me away!:D

So after reading what was said... Less thinking and more playing! Any other tips if any?

I have this mental block that I cant surpass. Every game I have ever played can be "cracked". But trying to understand the mechanics for Football Manager is a lost case. But this wont keep me away!:D

So after reading what was said... Less thinking and more playing! Any other tips if any?
yes search for woifsongs teamtalk. and try not to let the game give you a heart attack :)
tactical theorems 10 is always incredibly helpful too

Got to agree with all of the above. yet i have to add that if a player performs REALLY bad discipline him. i usually warn them from under 6 to 5,5, fine them a week down to 5 and 2 weeks foe anything lower (which never happened). Some player take it well, others not. But they usually won't dwell too much on it.*

Last edited: