Players to Buy - Tottenham 2nd Season

• Thread starter Thread starter supertramp1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1K

supertramp1

Reaction score
First season with Spurs I finished 5th in the League, made it to Semi-Finals of the Euro Cup. Now it's the summer and I have a transfer budget of almost 30m pounds. I listed the main areas of my team I want to improve below. So, who do you recommend I buy?

Key Areas:
Fast Striker (top of the list right now are Giuseppe Rossi and Danny Welbeck)
Center Back/Right Back
Strong Backup Goalkeeper (and relatively inexpensive wage-wise)

All thoughts are much appreciated.

deffinetly Rossi unreal for my Arsenal side, i say Aguero but hes very expensiv when someone like rossie can do just as well
in terms of right backs romario from brazil is a stunning bombing full back, at just 20 he develops insanley
and GK i picked up craig gordan quite cheaply with relatively low wages, maybe loan in a young lad just as back up? someone like Tim Krul from newcastle is a good back up, if you want to pay dirt cheap transfer but with extra wages, vincent Enyeama is a very good keeper

GK- Courtois. Othwerwise Pantilimon from FC Timisoara
CB- Munoz/Mario Fernandes/Mertesacker (6 millionish)/Zapata/Ranocchia
RB- Van Der Wiel/Iraola/Appiah
ST- ROSSI/Quagliarella/Abel Hernandez/Gilardino/Sow/Quintero/Juan Martinez/Osvaldo

Hopefully you have a large DB loaded, got plenty more suggestions if you want more anyway fella

For a goalkeeper, I'd be tempted to look for the cheapest half decent goalkeeper on the transfer list.
Or I would look at Smithies or Butland. I prefer having a young keeper who will potentially take over my current first choice keeper in future years.

Centre Back, I would recommend Phil Jones, Mamadou Sakho, Otamendi, Hummels, Atienza, Zapata, Evans.
Right back, Kyle Walker who returns from loan is good, Alan Hutton is a great back up.

Striker, Neymar, Vagner Love, Gameiro, Doumbia, Tardelli, Christian Benitez, Aguero, Pato, Nilmar, Paloschi.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions, scouting all of your recommendations right now. Also, I have another question, which formation do you guys think is better for the teams I have?

Flat 4-4-2 (I played this last year, worked pretty well)
Defoe Pav/Lukaku
Bale Sandro Modric Lennon
BAE King Dawson Kaboul
Gomes

or a 4-2-3-1
Lukaku
Bale VdV Lennon
Sandro Modric
BAE King Dawson Kaboul
Gomes

I've heard that the 4-2-3-1 is the best formation on FM11, so I think I might try it out. Thoughts?

Back