Players To Buy When Just Promoted To Premiership

• Thread starter Thread starter lowey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3K

lowey

Reaction score
Ive just got promoted to the premiership with Huddersfield Town and my chairman (Dean Hoyle) has generously given me a budget of £40 mil to spend on new players.

Any suggestions to which decent players i could buy?

GK - Julien Speroni
RB - Kyle Walker
LB - Mark Tierney
CB - Ryan Bennett
CB- Jack Hobbs
AMR - Darren Ambrose
AML - George Boyd
AMC - Andy King
DMC - Nick Montgomery
ST - David Goodwillie
ST - John Sutton

Esteban Granero,Leon Best,Roger Johnson,Garay,Toti and Perico(from Salamanca) This will all together cost aroun 25-30 million maybe less it will give you great creativity in midfield a strong man upfront and tighten up the back line!

A Gk (what happened to Smithies btw?) - Wayne Hennessy, Rubinho, Mignolet, Joe Lewis, Begovic, Enyeama.
Lb - Monreal, Masilela, Luca Antonelli, Roberto Canella, Bertrand.
Cb - Shawcross, Kara, Juan Forlin, Toprak, Manoel.
Rw - Niakhiachyk, James Morrison, Popov.
Lw - Goossens, Zezinho, Piatti, Zhirkov.
St - Darwin Quintero, Sergio Aruajo, Okazaki, Nolan Roux.

I sold Smithies for 3 mil to Birmingham, seemed right at the time

Gago, Azpilicueta, Torres (chivas), Insua

I brought all these for peterborough

Look on the 'Transfer Listed' list and look at Manchester City/Real Madrid reserves - they normally have loads of top class players. Also, loan players like Rafael (may be established now though) who are very good for the Premier League. Another tips is to look at players who did very well in the Championship last season (e.g. Top scorer).

get a few free agents that have just been released & also get players on loan from premier league experience, then work out the players an positions you need then look through the transfer list and maybe find what you need there.

Take the star players from teams who have just been relegated from the PL :)

make sure you have a solid defense before looking at increasing your attacking options, i was lucky enough to get samba and phil jones as blackburn had been relegated when i was QPR my centre back partnership for many years

Check Free Agents, When I Got Into The Prem With Huddersfield Xavi, Diego, Arshavin And Loads More Top Class Players Were Free Agents And Came To Me On Wages Under 30,000.

Back