Players-turned-Coaches pass on their own PPM's

• Thread starter Thread starter acems135
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3K

acems135

Reaction score
Ok, so I just found out today that Tomas Rosicky (currently my under-18s coach) can teach the moves he learned during his career to another player :O... And I've been playing since FM11 OTL. Now I understand why FM always allows you to select from a list of coaches when teaching PPMs (before I assumed an attacking coach would simply give better general advice for attacking PPMs).
I've always relied on player tutoring to teach special PPM's, but I didn't realize it extended to when they become coaches. Sorry if I'm posting old info, but it was not in the manual nor could I find it on the FM13 training help threads. I hope this information is helpful to someone haha.

View attachment 296750

EDIT: So I think I assumed too much in my opening post haha, please the responses below.

Last edited:
I hadn't heard this, if its already known then it will probably be in the tutoring thread somewhere. So you've at least helped me out!!

Though now I'm just disappointed though because Cruyff just retired on my game :@
Riquelme is still an option though :P

I think its just cosmetics though. He just says that he thinks its a good idea. If you look at those ppms, those are not the ones he learned and you can still chose what ever you want.

I think its just cosmetics though. He just says that he thinks its a good idea. If you look at those ppms, those are not the ones he learned and you can still chose what ever you want.

Do you think he may be better at teaching them though?

I can't seem to see 'Curls Ball' or 'arrives Late in opponents area' but I'm wondering if he trains the options that were the already there better

Do you think he may be better at teaching them though?

I can't seem to see 'Curls Ball' or 'arrives Late in opponents area' but I'm wondering if he trains the options that were the already there better

He might do it faster and with better completion accuracy but as the screenshot is taken after he has said it and the user has clicked "passing" ppms, I dont know what those ppms where

Where cant you see these options ? If its in the posted screenshot, its because these are only the "PASSING" PPMS

Ah thank you for clearing that up, it would seem like a good idea though if they went through with it. To clear up about the screenshot, as soon as I clicked on Tomas Rosicky from the coach list, the chat window opens up like that straight to passing PPMs and highlighting "pass to opposite flank". If anything, I think the design here is so the coach can give advice straight away, as opposed to the user having to pick one first, then triggering the coach advice whether its a good idea or not.

No I mean I've signed David Dunn who has both of the PPM's I've mentioned and I can't see them as options.

No I mean I've signed David Dunn who has both of the PPM's I've mentioned and I can't see them as options.

I guess special PPM's are excluded then. I just recreated the same scenario with Mikel Arteta. He knows moves into channels, comes deep to get ball, dictates tempo, and looks for pass rather than attempting to score. When I click his name from the list of coaches, the private chat goes straight to this:

View attachment 296808

I'm thinking they just highlight a random PPM they learned for advice, though it doesn't seem to add any special ppm's to the possible choices, according to your tests helloiamanewlow. So it does seem cosmetic as TBH said, though whether or not this feature increases the chances of success of learning the PPM only the devs can answer.

I guess special PPM's are excluded then. I just recreated the same scenario with Mikel Arteta. He knows moves into channels, comes deep to get ball, dictates tempo, and looks for pass rather than attempting to score. When I click his name from the list of coaches, the private chat goes straight to this:

View attachment 296808

I'm thinking they just highlight a random PPM they learned for advice, though it doesn't seem to add any special ppm's to the possible choices, according to your tests helloiamanewlow. So it does seem cosmetic as TBH said, though whether or not this feature increases the chances of success of learning the PPM only the devs can answer.

tbh I've only tried it with Dunn so I'm not going to say thats definitely how it works, it may be that it comes up at different times I'm not sure but if it does help the play learn PPMs quicker and more effectively its still something to consider when signing a coach.

Back