Players want to leave after good first year

• Thread starter Thread starter jjrroen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 9K

jjrroen

Reaction score
Hi,

Last week i started my first save on fm15. As huge Liverpool fan i started playing with them. I decided to give every player a fair change under new management. In winter I only was in a 8th place that because of poor resulst. I luckely made I true the Champoins League group stage that saved my job. I winter Lucas Leiva, Balotelli and Skrtel left the house. I brought in Berahino, The Ox, Valdes and Howedes. From that moment everything changed. I only lost 3 more games. (Chelsea away 4-1, and Manchester United home 1-2) I ended 3th. The FA cup went brilliantly after beating Manchester City, I played Arsenal (semi-fnials) in old school Steven Gerrard game, he came (tired) from the bench at half time (0-2 down and red card Lovren) we managed te win the game 5-3 and won the final fearly easy against the Spurs 3-0. Also I had some luck in the Champions League after beating Sparta Praag Juventus came on my way. We lost in their stadium 2-0 but managed to win 3-0 at home (2x Steven Gerrard!!) In the semi-finals Manchester City first came to Anfield, I knew if I managed to win this game I would win the Champions League because the other semi-final was Galatasaray - Napoli. Yet again it was a one man show Steven Gerrard netted 4 times!! in the 5-0 win over City. At their ground we where 0-1 down at half time so I coudn't imagine that they would have come so close as winning 4-0 and Aguero hitting 2 times the bar in last minutes! The final was a present against Galatasaray 3-0 again a goal from Steven Gerrard.

After this amazing season from Gerrard he desirved his new contract (180k weekly -.- )

I thought the board would give me a decent transferbudget but I only received 18 mil but 8 mil where stil standing their from last year. No problem was my idea, my squad i still fairly strong. But in summer Lallana, Can, Origi, Aspas, Illori, Coates, Wisdom, Alberto & Assaidi left the house. (Can and Lallana played around 30 games last year) Now I think my team is not so strong as last year and brought in Martinez for Can and didn't brought in someone else. So my squad is not so big and I thought oké I have some younger players like Chirivella, Rossiter, Ojo, Sinclair, Ibe etc.. they all will receive around 10-15 games in first team this year what's very good for their bright future.

Now after playing the Cumminty shield (4-2 lost from Chelsea) and Super Cup (1-0 win from Ajax) players like Allen, Suso, Markovic, Mignolet and Coutinho all want to leave the club? I gave them the FA Cup, Champions League, European Super Cup and they all played more as 30 games from minute 1? I do not understand why they want to leave? Their where no teams that made a bid for team? The played enough cames to be happy? After bringing in Valdes Mignolet was still my first choice.. Valdes only played around 10 games.

I sell them and try to bring new players ore be patient and lose points in the beginning of the year because of an unhappy group?

Let Mignolet leave, you can get some good money for him and you already have Valdes who's a better player. Then you can sign Khune (900k, PL quality) or some other cheap GK as backup.

See how much you can get for Allen and try find a replacement. Players like Lucas Romero, Gaston Gil Romero, Sergi Samper, Alessandro Florenzi and maybe even Garmarsh are all players of a similiar or better level and will be cheaper and better buys in the long run. If you can't find a better player on the market, just don't let him go. You're the boss.

As for more talented players like Suso, Markovic and Coutinho, I'd also try convince them to stay and not let them go unless you get some attractive offers and can bring in quality players to replace them. if you're forced to sell I'd look at players like Patrick Roberts, Jack Grealish, Pavel Savitskiy, Andre Hahn (might still have low TRC), Memphis Depay, Zakaria Bakkali (might be on a free this stage, unlikely he hasn't already been signed up though) or Lacazette to replace them.

It's really annoying that they all want to leave now, but you could possibly come out with a better squad than you had before, as well as with some money in the bank! Hope this helped :)

Don't worry too much about players asking to leave. You basically have 3 choices: a) Tell them they are not going anywhere, which will make them unhappy for some time, but it usually passes after a few months b) Tell them you will sell them at the end of the season, by that time they probably don't want to leave anymore c) Sell

I manage Liverpool myself, and I've never given in to player power. If players say they want to leave, I refuse. They always change their mind after some time. If players want a new contract when they still have time left, I refuse. But to do this you may need high Level of Discipline and Determination, not entirely sure how these manager attributes work but I would assume they're relevant in this regard.

Point is, don't let the players dictate your decisions. Show them who's boss!

Dont sign Khune i signed him id of been better off having Rob Green in net which is saying something!!

Jed Steer is a quality GK and should be able to pick him up cheap ( Dont listen to scout report)

Jack Grealish TOP CLASS sign him!!

Back