woody3011

Reaction score
sorry if this is in wrong place or there is another thread about this

I have just finished my second season at Newcastle.
I signed Danny Wilson in the first season and has been a vital first team player.
I have just received a message saying Wilson Wants to leave, due to him believing he wont win trophies at the club.
View attachment 108334

IRL I could understand, In the past two seasons Newcastle have won :-

2009/10 ----- Championship,League Cup and FA Cup
2010/11 ----- Premiership, Community Shield, FA Cup ------ Euro Cup runners up
View attachment 108333

You will get this from time to time with certain players, have you tried offering him a new improved contract.?. I had exact same problem with certain players, you can persuade them to stay but only for so long.. eventually they will move on, well that's usually been the case for me but least you'll make a good profit if anything.

Offer him a slight improvement on his contract, but give him a huge signing on fee, usually works :)

I usually tell them they cant leave as they are under contract. If you have a high reputation and/or you are on their favoured personnel list, they will usually back down.

If that fails however and they still want to leave, i just unregister them, stick them in the reserves, buy a replacement and let them watch in agony as i win all the trophies they wanted.

this will happen from time to time, improve his squad status if not "Indispensable to club" already

offer him an improved contract, give him what he wants (if he does even want one)

bring in staff that he suggests to settle him down

praise his form if he plays well

if he does not want to do any of these, offer him out at like 40 million and keep on rejecting offers, if you get a good one from City or somewhere, take it, otherwise keep on rejecting or asking for more and eventually he will give up and then offer him a nice new little contract, just make sure that you are winning your games though :)