Players who turn out to be great coaches?

• Thread starter Thread starter Reggaezal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 4K

Reggaezal

Reaction score
I think it was in FM09 when i got an italian defender, not sure if its cannavaro,matterazi or what, but he became a 4 star defence coach for me.

Any players who have turned into great coaches for you guys? Is there any way you can successfully persuade the players to become a coach?

id really like for Seedorf and Ronaldinho to turn into coaches for me!

Kader Toure turns out to be a pretty good attacking coach.

Francesco Totti. 4.5 for ball control, shooting and set pieces

Former players currently in my backroom, all are 4 or 4.5 stars:
Kaka (Attacking)
Chivu (Defending)
Hargreaves (Technical)
Liam Rosenior (Technical)
Paul Dixon (Tactics)
David Goodwillie (Shooting)
Giggs (Attacking)
Steve Banks (Goalkeeper)
Casillas (Goalkeeper)

Clarence Seedorf will turn into a fantastic attacking coach, i had him for his first season from retirement then was decided to take over the management at Ajax or PSV, cant remember! :D

just remember that they will not always turn out the same, they will not always be the same type of coaches (i.e. Maldini turned into a Gk coach)

How can you tell when your player becomes a great scout? Is it due to how many caps he's got for his country.

Patrick Viera, in the first season of coaching is nothing special, but in the second season gets to be an amazing assistant manager with good Man Management and Tactical Knowledge, also 4.5 in tactics training.

Fat Ronaldo had 20 attacking and 2 defending and won WC with Brazil on my game lol

Michael Owen turned out to be a good coach for me, he then went onto be a bad manager mind

I had Tottenham's GK as my assistant at Notts County, and loads of ex-players as coaches. Steven Gerrard, Kolo Toure, Wayne Rooney, Clarence Seedorf and loads more I can't think of right now. Gomes left join Crystal Palace as manager and then Tottenham who became my main challengers for the title.

is there a way to actually check who retires etc?

they become player/coaches in their final season, and have a little "ret" box. You usually know about a year or 6 months in advance.

Francesco Toldo is my only former player on my staff, decent coach already. Im arsenal.
I also signed Cannavaro to tutor my younglings (even though im not gonna play him), and hopefully he'll become a coach, although he's not announced retirement and he's 37.... XD

well the good thing is my players are all old by default, so i wont have to wait long hahaha. the bad thing is fm is too fun to holiday so its taking a while to finish the season :@

I had loads of players that turned out amazing coaches, Ludovic Guilly was a great coach, and i had Clarence Seedorf as my assistant, he was amazing. Other players that were decent was Thierry Henry and Sol Campbell

Not sure of this,but is it true that when you ofter non player contract before they retire,their attributes grow faster until their retirement date?

Not sure of this,but is it true that when you ofter non player contract before they retire,their attributes grow faster until their retirement date?

Doesnt make any sense. Since coaching has very little to do with the playing stats vice versa, like some of the people above said, a player like maldini may not be a good defence coach, he might be a goalkeeper/attack/ball control coach.

they become player/coaches in their final season, and have a little "ret" box. You usually know about a year or 6 months in advance.

Francesco Toldo is my only former player on my staff, decent coach already. Im arsenal.
I also signed Cannavaro to tutor my younglings (even though im not gonna play him), and hopefully he'll become a coach, although he's not announced retirement and he's 37.... XD

In my Juve save, Cannavaro is 39, and he still hasn't announced retirement :(

Back