Playing a lot too young

• Thread starter Thread starter hugsy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2K

hugsy

Reaction score
Hi there, i saw some people saying that if you play a youngster, lets say 18, 19 years too much is not good for him? as he will reach hes PA too early? Or something like that?

Hi there, i saw some people saying that if you play a youngster, lets say 18, 19 years too much is not good for him? as he will reach hes PA too early? Or something like that?

In my experience he doesn't grow as quickly, I try to limit my players to around two-three games a month or around 20 a season. Depends on stamina and natural fitness too as well as their training regime. But keep him in "perfect condition".

First of all why would reaching PA too early be a bad thing? I guess if it is really low that would be a problem, but if that is the case he probably isn't good enough to even play that much on your senior team. I don't have a problem and I usually play 16 year olds who are the creme of the crop class to play a ton. I also tutor them. So yes by the time they hit 19-22 they are amazing.

Here are some of my regens that I posted. They turned out pretty well.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...78-show-off-your-regen-newgen-thread-120.html

i guess the problem would be if they played every game for you at 16 and burned out meaning they peak early, and not as high as their PA before collapsing earlier in their carreer then someone who was eased in. think the difference between someone collapsing like ronaldinho rather then being able to carry on like giggs/ scholes.

i play them loads....got an 18 year old who came through my academy and in his first full season at 17 he played 45 or so games scoring 37 goals...he's now worth 12m at 18 and is well on his way to reachin his potential at an early age..to me all it changes is what age to sell him at

I noticed it with my bayern game, a regen who I bought he did great. Suddenly his finishing which were 18 dropped to 16, could be due to injury of the big team training I made.

But I keep playing good youngsters for my back up team, since I have no good back up strikers, these are mostly strikers anyway.

I loan them out when they're 18-19, or otherwise keep them as subs and give them a first team spot once or twice in a month in an easy game most of the time. When they reach 20, I'll begin playing them, in a rotation system first.

i like to have my youngsters sent out on loan for 2 seasons see how the progress then depending how they play or look i bring them up as a sub for a season or till i feel they are better than what i have already

i rarely keep players aged 30+ in my team and sell them before they get to old to profit off them

I've never found it to be a problem yet, especially really good regens. I mean irl Rooney 16, Beckham, 17, Messi 16, all started playing 1st team really young, thats how i feel they become superstars anyway....

Discuss..

This is purely urban myth. Just stick to the general rule of benching them if they get under 95% fitness, and it will be fine.

There's been some rumours about how i might make their career shorter , as the other guy said, Ronaldinho vs. GIggs.

But even then, there's very little to none practical difference between playing at max PA while being 18-28 year old , and 22-32 year old, in both cases you'd get 10 years of max PA performances ouf of your regen until the fall-off happens.

Last edited:
There's been some rumours about how i might make their career shorter , as the other guy said, Ronaldinho vs. GIggs.

Yeah but Ronaldinho was a party animal, so i guess maybe professionalism would come into it maybe....

Back