Playing against the bigger teams (English Prem)

• Thread starter Thread starter deansy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2K

deansy

Reaction score
Im Man Utd and find that against the bigger teams like Chelsea Liverpool i always fall apart and i think its due to my tactics, only really started playing FM last year and not quite got to grips!!

I play a 4 man flat midfield. Against the teams i mentioned above what tactics would people use e.g tempo, attack or defence, width etc..

Im losing points every season because of it!

Thanks for the help in advance.

formations:

arsenal play 4-1-2-2-1
liverpool play 4-2-3-1
chelsea play: 4-1-2-1-2

to take on arsenal, your supporting striker must specific mark their dmc, so your formation is 4-4-1-1 in defence, you want that player to be rooney. this will make it 3 v 3 in midfield. ild also use my fullbacks to specific mark their inside forwards.

liverpool: hate this formation. you must hassle them and every opportunity and specific mark their attacking band of three.

chelsea, mark out the amc and stretch the play, play wider and exploit the flanks, retain possession to tire them out, then suddenly up the tempo second half

formations:

arsenal play 4-1-2-2-1
liverpool play 4-2-3-1

to take on arsenal, your supporting striker must specific mark their dmc, so your formation is 4-4-1-1 in defence, you want that player to be rooney. this will make it 3 v 3 in midfield. ild also use my fullbacks to specific mark their inside forwards.

liverpool: hate this formation. you must hassle them and every opportunity and specific mark their attacking band of three.

chelsea, mark out the amc and stretch the play, play wider and exploit the flanks, retain possession to tire them out, then suddenly up the tempo second half

Cheers i will try them out tonight, does it matter if you change formations for the big games, will it have an adverse in the following games??

themadsheep's given you a far better answer than I'm able to give. I play all games in the Prem (I'm Port Vale) with a 4-4-1-1 formation, and I set mentality to counter. I do really well against the big teams but sometimes struggle to break down teams I should beat. This strategy might work better with teams who aren't as good as Man Utd though.

Also im finding that i can win 2 games in a row then i drop points against lower teams.

Does anyone have any recommendatuions for shouts or formations i could use to make sure im not drawing loads of games again? I drew about 10 or more games last season!

formations:

arsenal play 4-1-2-2-1
liverpool play 4-2-3-1

The best detailed answer you will probally get

Back