kallemannen

Reaction score
Hello

The way I always played FM is to make a "supertactic", or 2, or maybe even 3 and use them, perhaps one counter, one home, one away. And they are so called "gamebreakers" that almost can win u the league with Crystal Palace without any changes.

But I dont even think that this is necessary. perhaps FM gets way easier when u are playing with a very bad side that is tipped to be relegated.

But when u got a decent team or even top team, tactics are barely needed.
You are smarter than you think

Ive done this for a while but im now making a thread about it to see what you think.
So what do you do then?

Well, you got an opponent.. and a team. And you are supposed to

1. Make the best of what you got and try to find a working system
2. Identify what would work against your opponent.

The easiest thing is to start with picking a top side like chelsea
How do you want to play against van gaals 4-3-1-2 United side away?
How will you play against Leicester City at home?

You could easily figure this out, and get results. Well all have different IRL football knowledge and "FM skills" but most of you people here would work it out

Now, this is much more time demanding, so perhaps just doing this for a season would be a fun challenge.

The type of thinking you have to get into is like:
Perhaps Man united had to play a youngster at right back? Then perhaps telling Hazard to dribble more and the team to exploit your left flank could be a match winner just that.
4-2-3-1 maybe would be too attacking away so a 4-3-3 to punish Uniteds central form down the wings.. Counter would be a good approach against a top side away

Get into this type of thinking and you will se how easily you will win games
Of course, you might have to adjust your tactic ingame, watch a bit what happens in the match cause even though you worked something out in theory, it might go wrong in game cause well.. FM :p

What you just described is how a lot of most prominent tacticians over at SI play FM. It's the way SI are pushing every year, they want to abolish "super tactics" and force users to adapt every match.

That's all fine, but A LOT of people are not into tactics that much, they just want to plug something in and focus on transfers, youth development etc. It's becoming increasingly difficult to play that way as years go buy and the ME is less prone to exploitation and that fact puts off a lot of long time players who are used to approaching to tactics casually, i.e. plug and play.