Playing with Willem II (Dutch Jupiler League)

• Thread starter Thread starter ianneman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 5K

ianneman

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried playing with the Willem II team?

They are a Dutch team that got relegated from the Eredivisie irl last season, in the game the situation is like this:

- Financially disastrous, can have a max transfer budget of 120,000 and max wage of 220, about 1,000 with a wage increase after matches clause, can be used only once or twice.
- Decent players, but not perfect players, each of them have one or two flaws, and none of them are any kind of exceptional in any field except for one striker with 19 Jumping.
- Board demands promotion in the first season, if you're not above say, 6th around december, you get sacked.

Is this even possible?

Did a save with Fortuna Sittard on the update, estimation in first season is 18th (bottom). I won the league and the Dutch Cup with a lot of lucky draws and AZ's inability to score in the final. It's a short season, but fun to do, just don't add too many new players or get rid of half your squad.

Eric Addo (free)

This is the only first team player i signed and he's awesome for that league, just make sure you sign him to a 3 year deal so he won't be poached after half a season as you will need him in the second even if your in the Eredivisie

My client isn't currently interested in entering contract negotiations with your club

:(

Unlucky, there's a few decent youngers in the Sittard squad, get them scouted as a lot of the contracts end after the first season.

Can't really suggest any other players to sign except looking through reserve squads of major teams and getting loans as there's no limit to how many loan players ca play in a league match

I have done half a season with W2, you can easily get some money with selling Wochjiekowski (spelling) and Swinkels, then I loaned a shitload of player from the top 5 (most from Ajax) and got a promotion spot quite easily...

It's not a promotion spot, it's a playoff spot, you get one for having the best month in the entire division, don't rest on that though, you will need first to go up and that playoffs involve two teams from the Eredivise.

There's a player from Sittard called Shakison (spelling) contract ends at end of season, you can offer pre-contract deals 6 months before it's due to expire, sign him and make sure it's a 5 year deal. Put a relagation wage drop in there aswell as with all contracts from this point on as t=it will save you if you get screwed over when you go up

Well is it possible with the W2 players? You can pretty much hoard loan players with ANY team, thanks for the advice though :)

It's definately possible, I got lucky in places winning by the odd goal here and there.
Hoarding loan players are good short term but really bad long term, hence why I always suggest signing to 5 year deals with low promotion pay rise and heavy relagation wage drops.
I won the league by adding a single player to my starting 11 and W2 were always a pain to play against.
What position and how many games have you played so far?

I tried twice, the first time was rather disastrous and the board sacked me, the second time I was doing quite well, constantly contending for 1st place until february, then I suddenly started losing a lot, plus I had the most unfortunate injuries (RWB injured and his two replacements, Keeper injured and his two replacements, had to use reserves) in march, then I got fired again.

What formation are you playing? I suggest a 4-3-2-1 with wingers and an AF up front.

As I was only expected to save Sittard from relagation I went for a very attacking stratagey with two defensive minded CMs. This created a lot of wing play and lots of balls into the box without throwing too much at the opposition.

I might start a game with them to see for myself in the next few days, which leagues do you have loaded? and which update are you using?

Back