• Thread starter Thread starter Red_Might
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Might

Reaction score
Just trying to decide on a Playmaker for my Bayern save, Van Bommel is the obvious first choice, but I want a second choice, I have been advised Ribery, but this would take away his ability to cut inside and shoot (scoring, hopefully!). Any ideas?

I wouldn't class van Bommel as a playmaker,however the possibility in Robben being your playmaker or Schwiensteiger are available.

its wouldnt take away his ability at all. i would play him as adv pm attack fom aml (but not set as dedicated pm)

Yoan Gourcuff plain and simple... Playmaker on ATTACK.. He just rips the league with my Man utd save. actually on EVERY save i have lol

Edit: ohhh i think i missed the point of the post.. You meant with the players u already have right? i seeeee lol

Last edited:
its wouldnt take away his ability at all. i would play him as adv pm attack fom aml (but not set as dedicated pm)

I thought a playmaker was somebody that lead the attack and created chances for other team mates, rather than going it alone.

I think Van Bommel's creativity makes him a good playmaker to be honest.

I thought a playmaker was somebody that lead the attack and created chances for other team mates, rather than going it alone.

I think Van Bommel's creativity makes him a good playmaker to be honest.
not necessarily. a plakmaker is someone who can create chances and dictate play, it doesnt necessairly preclude him from scoring. messi plays as an advanced pm at times,

i thought Van Bommel was dm?

He is, but it doesn't stop him from having creative ability and if you watch Bayern, when he gets forward, if I'd give the ball to any midfielder to setup a chance, it would be Mark Van Bommel.

not necessarily. a plakmaker is someone who can create chances and dictate play, it doesnt necessairly preclude him from scoring. messi plays as an advanced pm at times,

Messi and Ronaldo are exception... They are pretty much every role on the pitch at the same time :P

He is, but it doesn't stop him from having creative ability and if you watch Bayern, when he gets forward, if I'd give the ball to any midfielder to setup a chance, it would be Mark Van Bommel.
he lacks mobility in getting forward though,

he lacks mobility in getting forward though,

Yeah maybe he has some pace issues, but he's like Giggs in a way, Giggs doesn't even have to move, be at the half way line and play the most amazing ball.

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

Ok, my playmakers are Ribery and Van Bommel then.

My target men are Gomez (aerial), Klose (feet), Olic (run on to the ball) and Muller (mixed).

as the madsheep correctly said, the playmaker does not have to be the attacking entity in your team, eg: Pirlo, Romaric, Carrick etc.

that is why there is the role... Deep Lying Playmaker - Defend/Support

playmakers are not neccessarily the CM midfielders either, FM states that Playmakers are players that you look to get the ball too to dictate the play, in your instance Van Bommel is not the man, Ribery, Robben, Schweinsteiger, Kroos are your best bets mate ;)

as the madsheep correctly said, the playmaker does not have to be the attacking entity in your team, eg: Pirlo, Romaric, Carrick etc.

that is why there is the role... Deep Lying Playmaker - Defend/Support

playmakers are not neccessarily the CM midfielders either, FM states that Playmakers are players that you look to get the ball too to dictate the play, in your instance Van Bommel is not the man, Ribery, Robben, Schweinsteiger, Kroos are your best bets mate ;)

Would u recommend Toni Kroos over Gourcuff as main Playmaker? i have both in my man utd save, but cant seem to get toni to spark

gourcuff hands down. 26 goals 24 assists

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

Messi and Ronaldo are exception... They are pretty much every role on the pitch at the same time :P
rooney was effectively a playmaker forward until this season. RVP henry, zlatan, all playmaker forwards (also known as complete forwards)

gourcuff hands down. 26 goals 24 assists

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

rooney was effectively a playmaker forward until this season. RVP henry, zlatan, all playmaker forwards (also known as complete forwards)

Zlatan will do the job quite good mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back