"Plays best as"

• Thread starter Thread starter Mallakith
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2K

Mallakith

Reaction score
I'm intrigued in the scouting reports where it suggests a player performs best as... for instance a "ball winning midfielder".

Is this intrinsic in the game - for instance if I look at Jeff Hendrick it suggests he is best as a Box to Box midfielder - is there a noticable decline in performance if I ask him to play a Ball Winning role?

Also alongside this, is there a way to "retrain" a player - for instance I want a BBM and a BWM in the middle of the park, I have two young players, both of which are suggested BBM however one also has pretty good values in the BWM key stats too - can I use PPM to "make" this guy into a BWM or do I need to actively find one who can do it?

That got complicated...

I'm intrigued in the scouting reports where it suggests a player performs best as... for instance a "ball winning midfielder".

Is this intrinsic in the game - for instance if I look at Jeff Hendrick it suggests he is best as a Box to Box midfielder - is there a noticable decline in performance if I ask him to play a Ball Winning role?

Also alongside this, is there a way to "retrain" a player - for instance I want a BBM and a BWM in the middle of the park, I have two young players, both of which are suggested BBM however one also has pretty good values in the BWM key stats too - can I use PPM to "make" this guy into a BWM or do I need to actively find one who can do it?

That got complicated...

I'm guessing a player role could change in a scout report and asst manager recomendation as everyone says they aren't 100% accurate and used as guidance only. So although they are generally correct you can use players for different roles if you want.

For ex, I use def mids as Bwm when in centre of the park. Look at the player instructions for different roles as some of them are similar and have little difference.

Just remember a box to box is capable of more attacking duties as well as defensive. So look at using Cm support or Bwm support. Just check the difference and try and see what works best, all I can say is I've never had problems using player in different roles that are not the recommended ones.

You stay classy......

Also you could leave your current club and say you want to buy a player at your old club and you scout him. I'm not 100% but it may be possible to get a different role suggestion.
I wanted to say also don't sell one of your good players or beat if the role doesn't fit. Better to have the attributes than not. Just use the best ones for the role if you see what I mean.

You stay classy......

There's usually some flexibility. Have a look at which attributes are highlighted for each role in the "player instructions" - "show attributes" section of tactics. As long as your player has decent ratings in the categories highlighted he should be able to play that role. Use individual training focus to work on anything that might be lacking (e.g. tackling for BWM, stamina for box to box).

I don't usually pay too much attention to scout's suggested roles (their tactical knowledge may be weaker than judging ability/potential) if the players attributes & PPM fit what I'm looking for.

I think suggested roles are fairly accurate, I have not noticed that it should have anything to do with tactical knowledge since all my coaches, scouts and assistant manager say the same thing about a players role.

The suggested role is based on what is highlighted. The role that highlight the most good stats for a particular a player is what they suggest.

Back