Please help me!!!!!!! :)

mancfc85

Reaction score
Does anyone know how i can get my assistant too choose opponent instructions prior to a match?? For some reason it is'nt giving me the option to do this with my new assistant manager although i could with my previous assistant manager :( Pleeeease can someone help me with this as its a big loss in the game for me :(

when you see the opposition instructions screen, it should be at the top right of the instructions box

Thanks for your speedy reply but for someone reason that option is'nt highlighted therefore i cant select it although i can choose for my assistant to select team talk :/

Are you in against a very small reputation team?

Well im currently playing in Blue Square Premier but i was able to have my assistant select opponent instructions all last season an now i have a new assistant manager it wont let my assistant choose opponent instructions :( are you guys with me?

---------- Post added at 04:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

Pleeeeease someone help meeee!!! wud be GREATLY appreciated!! :)

Yeah does that for me aswell sometimes when i switch assistant, never found it why. Intrigued if anyone knows the answer

Check your assistant's tactical knowledge score. The lower it is, the less likely he is to give you any help with tactics - I once had an assistant with a tactics of 1 who never made a single suggestion in the one season I managed to put up with him :D

Assistant's ratings do have an impact ingame eg 'motivation' score will mean trusting him to give teamtalks may or may not be such a good idea ;)

edit: just something which may help you out if you can't afford to get a new assistant in just yet, but if you check backroom advice, you'll find coaches with a decent tactics rating for the level will also, sometimes, give you advice about opposition players who they feel should get an OI.

Last edited:
well the backroom advice does give me a few hints towards OI but there is a way ur assistant can select it all for you on matchday and at half-time an i was wondering how i get that option available??? anyone know please??

---------- Post added at 06:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 AM ----------

please help me...

like zeb said, if your *** man is a poor tactician the option wont be available. either get a new one or hope he improves

You need to make sure you have at least one scout assigned to "scout next opposition", and the better he is the better the OI will be.
I still have it rarely now that I don't get the assistant option, but I take it that there's nothing to be done better than I already set up in my tactics.