mattl94

Reaction score
Hi all,
Does anyone know if there is any way to recover previous saved game/s, after I have already overwritten it?
Replies much appreciated!

have you got the 3 file saving system ticked under preferences? If so you should have two other "older" saves in your games directory :)

If not then you can try and revert the actual file back to a previous version, I did this before and it worked.. missed out on like 3 months of game time but at least the save was not lost!

Cheers for the helpful reply Raikan007, I do indeed have the 3 file saving system active in preferences. How do I access my games directory though to find the other two saves? and if this doesn't work, how can i revert the file back to a previous version like you did lol?

Cheers for the helpful reply Raikan007, I do indeed have the 3 file saving system active in preferences. How do I access my games directory though to find the other two saves? and if this doesn't work, how can i revert the file back to a previous version like you did lol?

what operating system are you using mate? Dont say Mac :p as I wont be able to help then!

Haha no, Windows Vista thank god lol.

C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\games

find the games there

then right click on the one that you overwrote, its usually the one without the numbers so for eg:

Sampdoria
Sampdoria (v02)
Sampdoria (V03) etc etc

it would be the first one, right click on that and select properties, previous versions and hopefully it will allow you to change back.. :)

or just load up the v02 game and you would have lost a few months at most :)

Thanks for helping me to locate the saved game file within my hard drive, but when I click on the game folder, there is only one version of my saved game called: Leicester City.fm
there are no other versions, eg. no leicester city (v02).

Thanks for helping me to locate the saved game file within my hard drive, but when I click on the game folder, there is only one version of my saved game called: Leicester City.fm
there are no other versions, eg. no leicester city (v02).

I am afraid then there is nothing you can do! have you tried the previous version change yet? thats the only other one you can do!

oh ok thanks a lot anyway for your time and help lol. what is the previous version change?

oh ok thanks a lot anyway for your time and help lol. what is the previous version change?

pleasure mate, in the post I said that you right click on the save game and select properties, then click the previous version tab.. might just be for Win7 though... not sure

to your knowledge, is there no other possible way then of restoring a previously saved game?