Plymouth Players & Staff Given a Pay Ultimatum.

• Thread starter Thread starter Giggles
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 756

Giggles

Reaction score
Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/plymouth_argyle/9427611.stm

Office staff and players at Plymouth Argyle have been told they must agree to defer their salaries or the club will close, BBC Spotlight understands. The club's ultimatum comes after all of their potential buyers failed to agree to fund wages and costs until the end of the season.
Non-playing staff are believed to have been asked to accept a postponement of their pay for March and April.
The players have been told to accept a delay of their wages for March.
Earlier this month Plymouth were docked 10 points for entering into administration.
The club's administrators had given potential buyers until noon on Monday to bid for the League One club, with an announcement on the successful buyer expected on Thursday.
Instead, staff at Home Park were greeted with the news that they would once again have to go without pay to ensure the club's short-term survival.
The BBC understands that despite no news on Argyle's new owners, talks have been continuing with the parties involved.
On the pitch Argyle are currently 22nd in League One, three points from safety.

Very scary moments at the club, as many thought today would be the day we found new owners. I'm hoping someone comes in soon, and basically saves us. But for now, we have to focus about the football. Because when your backs against the wall, the only thing you can do is come out fighting :wub:

Would hate to see any club to go out of business, and I quite like Plymouth.

Really hope someone will save them, but also kudos to those who are holding their pay to help the club, real heroes.

:( Feel for the Plymouth players, fans and staff

Times are really looking hard for Plymouth at the moment but I'm sure it will be sorted out shortly. Being down here for uni, Plymouth are now my second team. I really do hope they sort it out.

Just gotta keep hoping that a person with money who cares about football gets the club.

I'm a Carlisle fan and we just played Plymouth and drew 1-1 with them.

It's terrible to see them this way, i hope they stay in business.

i have a soft spot for plymouth
really hope they get through this

I hope they survive relegation and administration. They need some heroes to stand up and say they accept postponing of their wage.

Looks like its time for the players to wash their own kits, bring in their own lunches, all the small stuff like that- It'll make a big difference :'(

you could sell joe mason to sheffield wednesday ;) hes a quite a player ;) but in honesty i hope your survive never nice to see a club go out of business :( (but you still have to give us mason :D)

having been in a similar situation with southampton i dont wish it on anyone. good luck to plymouth and i hope that they get this all sorted out soon...

Completely agree with SFC2010. I know what it feels like and it really is scary and not very nice at all.

Wish good luck to all people associated with Plymouth FC.

Why the **** is this happening to football teams? Football should not be about the money at all..

What a horrible time to be a Plymouth fan, best of luck to them all :(

Does anyone know WHY nobody is funding the club.
Also I would put money on everyone staying except for M.Seip who seems to have gone somewhere...

Back