Police warrant a thing of the past in Indiana

Reaction score
Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home

"We believe ... a right to resist an unlawful police entry into a home is against public policy and is incompatible with modern Fourth Amendment jurisprudence," David said. "We also find that allowing resistance unnecessarily escalates the level of violence and therefore the risk of injuries to all parties involved without preventing the arrest."

Tl;dr
Magna Carta overturned, police no longer need a warrant to enter your home and can do so for no reason at all in Indiana.

Personally, I seriously hope this is overturned. It sets a very dangerous precedent for the rest of the US.

I've heard of some seriously stupid things that happen in the US, but this not only takes the biscuit, but the whole packet. Jesus wept.

Good lord America is so ****** up...our selective devotion to liberal principles is infuriating. When it comes to contracts, property, anything under the category of economic liberalism, not over my cold dead hands will you take our rights away. Yet when it comes to social and political liberalism (which Europeans seem to believe in more strongly than economic liberalism), Americans don't seem to care for it at all despite our extremely individualistic outlook on life. Yet when it comes to gun control OMG YOU'RE VIOLATING THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!! The NRA is the largest interest group in America, absolutely ridiculous. Sometimes I think the only things Americans care about are contracts, property, guns, and small government (but with a huge military). What a ****** up collection of values to have.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Good lord America is so ****** up...our selective devotion to liberal principles is infuriating. When it comes to contracts, property, anything under the category of economic liberalism, not over my cold dead hands will you take our rights away. Yet when it comes to social and political liberalism (which Europeans seem to believe in more strongly than economic liberalism), Americans don't seem to care for it at all despite our extremely individualistic outlook on life. Yet when it comes to gun control OMG YOU'RE VIOLATING THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!! The NRA is the largest interest group in America, absolutely ridiculous. Sometimes I think the only things Americans care about are contracts, property, guns, and small government (but with a huge military). What a ****** up collection of values to have.

Who's got video cameras uber alles 1984 style?

Read somewhere that Manchester (or equivalent large UK City that wasn't London) has the same number of CCTV cameras as the entire USA...

ya'll do know this won't stand up in the supreme court right?

But don't let that stop ya'll from your pity party

ya'll do know this won't stand up in the supreme court right?

But don't let that stop ya'll from your pity party

Overturning a common law dating back to the English Magna Carta of 1215, the Indiana Supreme Court ruled Thursday that Hoosiers have no right to resist unlawful police entry into their homes.

Got through Indiana Supreme Court. I don't know how it works out with State vs. Federal laws in this instance.

And loving the "ya'll's" :)

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Read somewhere that Manchester (or equivalent large UK City that wasn't London) has the same number of CCTV cameras as the entire USA...

Probably Glasgow, this place is ridiculous.

ya'll is typical language for where I'm from. The foreign chicks think it's hot.

The indiana case will still probably go before the US Supreme court (you have to go through the lower courts first) and hopefully be overruled.

There is a similar case in kentucky where the US supreme court, just yesterday, ruled that law enforcement can enter a house if they hear evidence of drugs being destroyed, which is an expansion on probable cause for entry.

I'll be sure not to take a dump if the police are knocking on the door...

ya'll is typical language for where I'm from. The foreign chicks think it's hot.

The indiana case will still probably go before the US Supreme court (you have to go through the lower courts first) and hopefully be overruled.

There is a similar case in kentucky where the US supreme court, just yesterday, ruled that law enforcement can enter a house if they hear evidence of drugs being destroyed, which is an expansion on probable cause for entry.

I'll be sure not to take a dump if the police are knocking on the door...

I'm kinda going out with an NC girl (been there, done that) and she says ya'll and sometimes puts on a Southern Belle accent when she wants pumping.

Back