Pompey axe 85 jobs to cut costs

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 712

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Administrators at Portsmouth FC start to make employees redundant, with 85 people losing their jobs.

More...

The really sad thing is some of the Pompey players earn in 3 days what one of these poor sods earns in a year.

Its a shame considering one years wages for most of them = Three days wages of each player earns, some of those players must be pretty heartless.

why not terminate a few player's contracts rather then 85 day to day employees? oO)

I love how it took this long for storrie to take a pay cut.

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

why not terminate a few player's contracts rather then 85 day to day employees? oO)

they could harry. somthing to do with the players unions would be to much to handle or somthing

I think it is B/S, that 85 people lose their jobs. Storrie has taken a 40% wage cut, he's on a £1m a year or something. You can't tell me that if each player took a slight weekly wage drop that they couldn't have helped these people stay employed.

Its a shame considering one years wages for most of them = Three days wages of each player earns, some of those players must be pretty heartless.

I fail to see how it makes the players 'pretty heartless'. What could they have done?

Meh in the grander scheme of things, 85 is nothing (Don't mean to sound harsh...keep reading), if you think that is bad you should have been petitioning the government about the closure of the Corus plant on Teesside with the loss of about 1500 jobs (not including the knock on effect) in February.

Still sad to see anyone lose their jobs though.

It just shows how much trouble the club is in.

Makes me laugh this. They prob earn £15k a year and some of their palyers earn that in a few days!!! The backroom staff are what keeps the club going.

John Utaka is on 80k criminal !

"Everywhere he goes John is ridiculed for earning so much when the club is in so much peril," Storrie told Soccernet. "He has come to me and asked me 'can you do something about it?' He wants it to be known that he earns a third of the amount that is quoted against his name."

Back