Pompey fans wary of share offer

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 341

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
As Sulaiman Al Fahim quits as chairman of Portsmouth, fans give a cautious response to his offer of a 10% stake in the ailing club.

More...

Guess it would depend on the terms - if the stake gives director level powers, then it's also going to have director level liabilities. And directors are personally responsible for debts built up if a company goes under and is judged to have been trading whilst insolvent. The courts have already said that they think Portsmouth is probably trading whilst insolvent....

Surely these Shares have no value anyway and just entitles them to 10% of Pompey's debt?

If I were a Portsmouth fan, I think I'd be wary of anything at the moment. You can hardly blame them for questioning things, given the state their club has been left in recently.

I doubt there is any value to these at all is Al Fahim is giving them away.

He's just running away from a problem he played part in by stopping Peter Storrie's consortium taking over and instead him taking over and doing diddly squat.

I doubt there is any value to these at all is Al Fahim is giving them away.

He's just running away from a problem he played part in by stopping Peter Storrie's consortium taking over and instead him taking over and doing diddly squat.

Fair enough. I was thinking he was maybe wanting to transfer liability, but you guys have got the Football Trust studying the paperwork so you're getting the best advice possible on this and won't be left holding the baby if that is what he is doing.

Back