Pompey given permission...

MisterStubbs

Reaction score
Portsmouth have been giving perssion to sell players now. Is it just me or does anyone else think this is bang out of order? Don't get me wrong, i fill sorry for the club and its fans but bending the rules for erm? its just not on... Southend United and Carfiff City are both in as much trouble as Pompey but do not get as much hype because they arent in the Premier League and would deffo not have the rules bent for them!

This is just not fair

If the transfer window opens for one club, it should open for all! Does this mean that if Pompey sell a player, they will be eligible to play for the club that signs them before the window does open?

If the transfer window opens for one club, it should open for all! Does this mean that if Pompey sell a player, they will be eligible to play for the club that signs them before the window does open?

correct, they wont be able to play first team football for the rest of this season UNLESS they are sold to foriegn teams. Still this is a **** take, i work for Southend United who are in just as much trouble but we dont get special rules for us!

That's pretty **** unfair. I agree, if one club gets the rules bent, then all in the same position as them should as well. Every team in the leagues are important, whether they're in the Premier League or the conference.

i think the rules are slight different for the leagues any way. for example in the you have to pass the "fit and proper persons test" before you buy a club, in the football league you only have to do this AFTER you buy a club.

As a fan of the club I'm happy to see anything happen that may help us out of the mess we are in, but can understand people's frustrations and agree that rules shouldn't be bent for a club that has mismanaged itself into financial ruin.

But it's not all rosy in the top flight, we are set to be fined £1m for financial irregularities by the Premier League... I don't see this happening to clubs in administration in the lower divisions.

I'm not sure who we have in the club who is a saleable asset of any value... a few clubs have expressed an interest in Belhadj perhaps, but who else do we own (not on loan!) that is worth anything in the current climate?

Of more worry to me is the talk of us being advanced our parachute payment for dropping out of the Premier League, once again we are mortgaging our future to solve short term problems... just one of the many reasons that we are in this unholy mess in the first place!

Back