Pompey offer contracts to quartet

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 834

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Portsmouth offer new contracts to England goalkeeper David James, defenders Hermann Hreidarsson and Ricardo Rocha and forward Kanu.

More...

I thought they were totally skint and had to sell players like these.oO)

Why Hermann?

His career is most likely over, he definatly won't be playing next season with his snapped achilles.

I think this is a good idea for these 4, they'll all give 100% in the Championship and could be massive players. Kanu's technical ability will be simply unmatched in the Championship, hopefully he'll bag a few goals. Things are starting to look up a bit with this sort of news.

Why Hermann?

His career is most likely over, he definatly won't be playing next season with his snapped achilles.
I've heard it's not as bad as first thought, and he could be back by next Christmas.

Just a rumour though ay.

iv heard all players will have to take a wage drop to 10k.

I think this is a good idea for these 4, they'll all give 100% in the Championship and could be massive players. Kanu's technical ability will be simply unmatched in the Championship, hopefully he'll bag a few goals. Things are starting to look up a bit with this sort of news.

I've heard it's not as bad as first thought, and he could be back by next Christmas.

Just a rumour though ay.

I thought you despised James' attitude. To be honest I was hoping West Ham would pick up James again so we can sell Green.

David James is a no-brainer really. despite being rather old (in football terms anyway), he is a good keeper.
and Kanu is someone to keep hold of too, at least for one season.

I thought you despised James' attitude. To be honest I was hoping West Ham would pick up James again so we can sell Green.
I did when he wanted to leave in January, but after seeing about 3 of his interviews lately and the way he declined that bonus we were supposed to give him has improve my opinion of him quite a lot.

I did when he wanted to leave in January, but after seeing about 3 of his interviews lately and the way he declined that bonus we were supposed to give him has improve my opinion of him quite a lot.

Fair enough - James is a good goalie and the most intelligent man that plays football.

Like max said they are players that give massive amount of effort and are vastly experience, helping the youth of the squad come through and play well, hopefully!

and by keeping these players that are worth less and selling those that are worth more is probably more sensible in terms of finances

wish pompey all the best always after this disastrous situation, more so the fans

We've kept the right players in my opinion. I hope we sell the likes of Webber, Nugent (I'd love to have him in the Championship but he'll want to much wage), Smith (same as Nugent) and Utaka (same as Nugent again).

I'd love to keep people like Mokoena, Hughes, Ben Haim, Finnan, the players that play well most games and give 100%. I used to hate Mokoena but he's played quite well lately.

Back