Athe~

Reaction score
Well, I'm gonna try to start a new save as Pompey. It will be my first incursion into English management, so I could use some advice since some of the players I like the most will fail horribly at getting wps.

But first things first - I have noticed Pompey have a few players on really high wages, and a few useless ones as well. Who do you guys think I should offload? I think Ben Haim, even if he's my top earner, is arguably one of my best players, and since I'm under a transfer embargo I won't probably get a good replacement for him. Nugent is probably my best striker so I'm thinking of keeping him, too. However, I think I should get rid of pretty much everyone else who's on over 100k/month, and pretty much everyone on my reserve team. I do have my doubts about Michael Brown, though.

Now - transfers in. Considering my strikeforce is pretty bad apart from Nugent (I'm thinking of getting rid of Kanu too), I was thinking of getting Brandy, although I don't know if he'd cut it in the champ. In the midfield I can probably get Dabo or De Ascentis to win the ball, but I've got no creative midfielder whatsoever. I was thinking of getting Moreira, who I tend to buy as backum in other saves, but if there's an English player for that role that I could get on a free, I'd like to know.

Also, I could use a couple of wingers, so suggestions are welcome here too.

Keep Nugent he's been my best player two seasons running now. I signed Frank Nouble on loan as well and he was quite good.

Back