Portsmouth 1st season

• Thread starter Thread starter nicholls
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2K

nicholls

Reaction score
Started a new game as Portsmouth last night.

Going to play 4-2-3-1 with a Rafa flavour.

Only get limited time on FM due to Mrs wanting the laptop (so have to buy her her own!) so only got chance to look over team, set up default tactic, ask for some scout reports, and play our first friendly.

Only have Kranjcar who can really play in the AMC role, so I'm looking for another. Only have £5 mil at present though I am trying to sell some players to increase my budget.

Any suggestions on AMC to buy and players I can sell.

Found a young 19 Norwegian lad, think his name is Skelbrad or something like that, looks like he might have major potential. Anyone ever tried him out? Scout report says I can get him for just over £1 mil.

Well Bounanotte is one of the best amc's I have bought in the game... you could also look at buying riquelme if you have the money... Barry Robson from Celtic isn't a bad shout...

get oscar - sau paulo - wonderkid
alan dzagoev - cska moscow
clement grenier - lyon

the best player i have got is this guy named Tsvetomir Todorov - see attached and i think he plays for Ascoli at the beginning of the game and is co owned and or loaned out, but bide your time and cash and get him!
he plays naturally AMR, AML, AMC and ST!

skjlebred is good too, got really good stats, does not improve that much, but is solid none the less!

View attachment 5286

A good ACM for Portsmouth is Vukcevic, he's beast, he quality at set pieces and is creative, could be about 6-7m so sell someone like Utaka who is poor.

ben arfa on lyon isnt bad im not sure how much he costs though ....

Haven't been able to get onto the forums for couple of days. Seems to happen after I have posted new thread?? Weird.

Anyway back to players for Portsmouth.

I bought a young Dutch lad Afellay think his name is as can play on either wing or in centre attacking midfield role. Scouts adviced him as definite purchase so will see how he does.

Had a £10 mil plus offer for Kranjcar who wants away, but rejected. Will see how doing come January window and maybe cash in on him then and bring in someone else.

Lost to Man U in the Shield, and drew at home to Villa in first prem game and thats as far as I've got so far. Not doing very well in the passing department and keep giving the ball away. Passing is particularly poor from the centre backs and full backs.

Was playing mid high tempo so going to drop that to normal and give the centre backs more mixed passing.

Full backs are set to forward runs often and my wingers sit at the same level as AMC in the advance winger role. What passing would you set for full backs?

Really need to sort my passing out.

well if you have pacey wingers then maybe use a direct style of passing for your full backs and make focus pass down the wings, make Crouch your target man, if you have him upfront and get some balls in the box for him, and bingo, you got yourself some goals there, also maybe sell someone like pamarot and try and get a new centre back, Distin is very good but Campbell and Kaboul seemed to let me down sometimes so I brough in a new centre back, cant remember the name though, sorry, good luck.

Back