Portsmouth debt goes up to £138m

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 661

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Portsmouth's administrators reveal the relegated Premier League club's debts are now £138m.

More...

Play up Pompey fans...

extremely tough times ahead

lets just hope it doesn't get to wounding up

Think of all those business, who wont get paid, all the staff they have to let off, the clubs they owe money to and the charities they haven't paid... yet the main-stream media say that it's good that they are in the FA Cup Final? I hope Chelsea absolutely batter them.

Just be done with them, 138m ? They will never pay that off. Might sound harsh but that's the situation.

The way the club has been run is an absolute disgrace, but i bet the majority of football clubs are like this!

i know one thing and one thing only... the fans don't deserve whats happening to the club they love!

Id be distraught if it was Blues

Surely this will result in liquidation, a club as small as Pompey cannot afford to pay off such a massive debt

Precisely what iv been saying about it all along... eventually they will get wound up.

the fans aren't filling the stadium as it is, never mind next season, but for obvious reasons.

the only saving grace they have to get rid of some of it, is to sell the squad!

which then puts them on a downward spiral next year...

its just a vicious circle

Never thought I'd say this; just please put us out of our misery and end us now. :S

As much as I love Pompey, can't take this anymore, it's getting me down everyday and I think all Pompey fans can agree that enough is enough, either sell or fold before the start of next season.

You cant think like that Max...

if Pompey means as much to you as Blues mean to me, i cant think for a minute that you mean that!

surely if there is any hope, even if you get continually relegated to League 2 to keep Pompey alive

you would settle for it?

Never thought I'd say this; just please put us out of our misery and end us now. :S

As much as I love Pompey, can't take this anymore, it's getting me down everyday and I think all Pompey fans can agree that enough is enough, either sell or fold before the start of next season.

At least you will go out with a bang :)

Surely this will result in liquidation, a club as small as Pompey cannot afford to pay off such a massive debt

They won't have to.

I think I am right in saying they are trying to negotiate a deal where they pay off 20p in the £1 on their current debts.

Similar to when Leeds only paid 10p in the £1 of their loans back. It is a disgrace.

Big debts but the CVA would mean that effectively they'd be reduced to around £45 million which is very doable over five years with parachute payments and reducing the wage bill. Taxpayer loses £28 million in this though HMRC may be agreeing to it as they think there may be something in performing an investigation which would mean they can chase up any wrongdoing by previous owners - so there may be some justice at the end of the road too.

Hope it sorts out quickly for you guys though.

Does anyone know whether the creditors accepted the 20p per pound offer they got.

Back