Portsmouth deducted nine points

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 808

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Debt-ridden Portsmouth are docked nine points by the Premier League for going into administration.

More...

Icing on the cake I suppose. Sad times for Pompey fans.

About time. Hope this farce is close to an end.

Oh yeah I forgot about this, still I am mathematically confident Pompey can still avoid the drop

i think they should change this as i think thats slightly unfair deductuctiong points
as it doesent reflect their performance

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Oh yeah I forgot about this, still I am mathematically confident Pompey can still avoid the drop

they are 17 points a drift so they need to win at least 6 of their remaining nine games

and that isnt likely

Highly unlikely, i dont think they can avoid the drop with Alex Ferguson let alone Grant if they do survive then your the man!.

I really like Pompey and hoped this wouldn't have happened (despite going down anyway). I'm sure they'll be back.

Maybe.

I believe they can get relegated if they loose their next 3games hull,chelsea and SPURS!!! What a bad way that would be to go.

No doubt we'll lose to Redknapp's Spurs team to ensure we're relegated, how ironic that would be.

Still, all the cool kids have 9 points deducted.

Like it Max ;)

lets hope Pompey can rebuild next year and get out of administration to stop the 10 point deduction next year

Do you get a point deduction for every season you are in Administration? I personally cannot see them getting out of this mess anytime soon.

Are Portsmouth really a smart investment? Will you make your money back ? Half of there current squad are on loan, I am sure a few will be sold IF (still an if) they go down. They won't exactly have the funds to bring anyone in either...hard to see Portsmouth playing top flight football again

No doubt we'll lose to Redknapp's Spurs team to ensure we're relegated, how ironic that would be..

Max - do you know anything about Redknapp and Storrie taking a cut of every transfer fee Portsmouth received? 'Arry may well have some questions to ask because the more that's getting leaked about Portsmouth's situation, the more it looks like things are only just starting -- the solicitor being investigated who handled the transfer of assets over to your current owner etc.

If this turns out to be you lot having been stitched up and totally screwed over by some ripoff artists, I hope that you guys will be pushing hard for restitution in full.

Max - do you know anything about Redknapp and Storrie taking a cut of every transfer fee Portsmouth received? 'Arry may well have some questions to ask because the more that's getting leaked about Portsmouth's situation, the more it looks like things are only just starting -- the solicitor being investigated who handled the transfer of assets over to your current owner etc.

If this turns out to be you lot having been stitched up and totally screwed over by some ripoff artists, I hope that you guys will be pushing hard for restitution in full.
Yeah I heard that, I also heard Gaydamak kept more than 50% of the Defoe and Diarra transfers, which was nearly £20m in total.

All a bunch of con-artists pretty much, Redknapp might of saved us from relegation but if he did take cuts from transfers I wish he had never of came back.

Been a sinking ship since Redknapp left, every club Redknapp has been at, he has left in a dire financial situation, just look what happened to Bournemouth, West Ham, Soton and now Pompey, it seems Spurs just have the money.

Been a sinking ship since Redknapp left, every club Redknapp has been at, he has left in a dire financial situation, just look what happened to Bournemouth, West Ham, Soton and now Pompey, it seems Spurs just have the money.
Yeah they've got it for now, we had it when Mandaric was here, quite healthily aswell, then Redknapp came and we spent more and more each season sadly.

If we had qualified for Europe in the 2006-2007 season we'd be fine I think, shame.

Yeah I heard that, I also heard Gaydamak kept more than 50% of the Defoe and Diarra transfers, which was nearly £20m in total.

All a bunch of con-artists pretty much, Redknapp might of saved us from relegation but if he did take cuts from transfers I wish he had never of came back.

Would explain the very sudden meltdown once the money ran dry if he had been helping himself to the transfer fees - although that's something all our owners seems to be up to at the moment :@

Wonder whether it was intentionally done - build Portsmouth up and do a runner with what you can grab before the bubble bursts. Getting harder and harder to believe that this was just incompetence.

Hopefully you guys will be able to stop the rot before it takes you too far down the leagues.

why did it take so long?
Because the HMRC wanted to see if we had fair grounds to put ourselves into administration, which took a week or two to decide on.

Would explain the very sudden meltdown once the money ran dry if he had been helping himself to the transfer fees - although that's something all our owners seems to be up to at the moment :@

Wonder whether it was intentionally done - build Portsmouth up and do a runner with what you can grab before the bubble bursts. Getting harder and harder to believe that this was just incompetence.

Hopefully you guys will be able to stop the rot before it takes you too far down the leagues.
I'm not completely sure if it was intentionally done, I don't see what Redknapp could gain from doing that to us, all he got was more cash and he probably had **** loads of it already, same for Storrie on his £1m+ a year salary.

Gaydamak obviously wanted to make a profit somehow, and maybe he just couldn't see us going anywhere so decided to take money out of the club and run away with it.

I hope they find out if Storrie, Redknapp & Gaydamak did anything like taking out money, and I hope they get locked up or some sort of punishment.

Back