Portsmouth face winding up petition

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 539

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Portsmouth Football Club has been issued with a winding-up petition by HM Revenue & Customs, the BBC learns.

More...

portsmouth are bound to get relegated this season. even if they sell their players this january they wont get enough money because of the quality of the players they have.

good, they basically been cheating other clubs by spending money they dont have just like Leeds

good, they basically been cheating other clubs by spending money they dont have just like Leeds

be fair mate, the people spending thid money have now gone, redknapp and the former owner. this isnt fair on the fans, they spend good money going to there club. i hope a wealthy man comes and buys them. and saves them.

the only people i feel sorry for are the fans i honestly dont know if their are any fans as passionate as pompey fans and i know that beacause i live their. the club is run pooly and people need to stop blaiming redknapp because all the players you bought with redknapp i.e defoe,crouch,diarra and johnson you made money on all of them so i belive the financial problems run much deeper within the club. hope they can pull together a result tonight like they did against liverpool, although i know their record is not good against arsenal.

The Man City owner Sheik Mansour was apparently looking into buying Real Madrid, why doesn't he put a bit of money into Pompey, or Stockport County or any other club in financial difficulty

the fans took the glory (FA cup) when they had good players they couldnt afford. But the main culprits are the FA and Premier League, who allow these Arab Liars to make a mockery of our clubs. these authorities should be held accountable

Why do people blame redknapp. Its who owns the club who is at fault. He could always say no to whoever is in charge for transfers but they did not. They spent well outside their means and now the club is in the ****. Its the fans that yet again have to suffer.

to be honest if they didnt want redknapp to spend that money they could have blocked the transfer, its the owners fault, portsmouth will be playing championship football next season

The Man City owner Sheik Mansour was apparently looking into buying Real Madrid, why doesn't he put a bit of money into Pompey, or Stockport County or any other club in financial difficulty

Why should he? I would hate to see Pompey go into administration like most of us here. However, he hasn't really got any links to the clubs though, of course, it would be nice of him, there is nothing to say that he should give money to other clubs. I am sure Pompey will find their way out of this mess. If they don't, it could be Championship football next year and I would hate to see that. :'(

Back