Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Despite being a longlife CM/FM player, all the way back to CM2, this is my debut on this forum posting-wise. Only last year edition of FM saw me going into the experience of LLM. Now I`m from the Netherlands and such a challenge is not existing in my country. So I took up the nice club of Fc United of Manchester and guided them to the Premier League. This took me forever and I never got them higher than 11th place before going over to Napoli. But men, I was hooked at taking over a lower cub and going trough the ranks.
Now it took me forever to decide whitch club I would take over. You see, I`m one of those who needs a good feel/connection with a club if I`m going for a long ride. At Fc United it was the supporter owned etc feel. Now I saw that Portsmouth is in the fourth division in England and now the largest fan-owned club in the world. But I have a few questions. Is league 2 still LLm? And is portsmouth a respected or loved club in England from other fans viewpoint? Being from Holland I dont know this. My gut says Portsmouth could be a great ride this time, just wanted your opinion on the club.

Thanks and greets from Holland

Im from England and support Bradford City (3rd tier). League 2 is probably still considered LLM I would say as it is the 4th tier after all. Portsmouth are seen as a club who have a very passionate fanbase, they have a fan who has 60 Portsmouth tattoos and even changed his name so that he is now legally called John Portsmouth Football Club Westwood (even has his own wikipedia page).
I also remember a story once of when they had Greek goalkeeper Kostas Chalkias and one fan put him on ebay to try and sell him with a funny description, it was taken down by ebay ;)

They won the FA Cup recently and have a fierce rivaly with Southampton who have gone in the opposite direction and are now in the Premiership.

I would say Portsmouth is quite a respected club with a fanbase known for being passionate and who have stuck by the club through 3 relegations and all the debt

Yes Portsmouth **** what a great club i know people say no my team has the best support but Portsmouth do really have one of the best fans in England eventhough we have gone from the Premier League to League 2 and have the highest attendance in League to 16,000 odd and in second Plymouth with like 8,000 so by far more ares is more then some league 1 and championship clubs so not being biased i say we are a cracking club :)

Thanks for you replies. Been away for a while and couldn`t respond any sooner. Most certain am going to start a save with Pompey than. But I had another question here which I hope can be answered here. What are the teams in England most respected by other teams fans and clubs alike, if that is possible in such a football driven country. Hope there is an answer to this.
Much thanks already and greets from holland