Portsmouth Survival/Revival Challenge

seacow

Reaction score
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to deliver portsmouth from a 10 point deduction and 44million pound loan debt and to back to the promised land.

Starting off 100k p/w over your wage budget and a threadbare squad managing your finances will prove pivotal in both long term and short term success.

If you re-enter administration at any point it will be considered a failure of the challenge.

The goals to achieve are as follows:
Accountant - Finish year 1 with a £0 or greater bank account 100pts
Survival - Avoid relegation from the championship in the opening season 25pts
Goal machine - complete the season with 100 league goals 50pts
Plenty of Points - get 100 points in a season 50pts
Winners - win the championship 50pts
Reliving the Dream - Secure the FA Cup for 1st time since 2008 50pts
Making History - Win the clubs first ever League Cup 50pts
Hoarder - hold a bank balance of £30mill 100pts
Champions - Win the premiership 100pts
World-class - have a player rated as world class at your club 25pts
European Dream - Qualify for the Uefa Cup or Champions League 20pts
Kings of Europe - Win the Champions League 100pts
Prince's of Europe - Win the Europa League 50pts
1point per million of club value at season end(rounded down where required)

Hall of Fame

YearPointsAchievements
Seacow1133Accountant, Survival

If anyone can add any good achievements to the list then let me know.​

Last edited:
a word of warning to all, i have sold 70% of senior squad to sit under wage budget and raise money, however i am still only able to offer £90 p/w to players on a key player contract so be careful when selling your squad off as you will struggle to bring in anyone worth signing

there will be once people complete some of the goals, a screenshot will suffice relevant to the goal

sorry, i have no idea .
g.gif

if kings of europe is win the champions league for 100 points then winning the europa league could be prince of europe for 50 or 75 points depending on how hard you think it is.

and i think there should be an award for repeating their fa cup success.

good shout sammyt

out of curiosity, are many people attempting this one? i am approaching xmas and am clear of relegation by 8 points and have made a 4 million profit so far but it has all be used to restructure debts

What if you try playing with Marshall's update, so you could start from League One.

people are welcome to start with that database,

but for this challenge on the standard database you have to sell all players of any ability to address the finances then survive with a threadbare squad made up of 17 year olds. which is a challenge in itself