Portsmouth transfer embargo ended

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Portsmouth's transfer embargo is lifted by the Premier League but the club will only be allowed to bring in free transfers or loan signings.

More...

Good news at last. I doubt we would of paid out any money for anyone anyway, so this is good for us.

ohhh great free transfers. why would any player want to join portsmouth if they are not going to be paid.

becuase if there free there not getting paid anyway.

True, but then some players don't care about the money all the time, it's sometimes just about wanting to play football. Either way it gives us a chance to bring some more loans in which is fantastic news.

good news for o'haras career

It's a shame this has been allowed to happen, but the FA had no choice in the matter.

No doubt the players won't be getting paid on time at the end of the month.

Hopefully Fergie loans them macheda. he needs prem games

According to my Dad, if the players are not paid 3 months in a row, they are allowed to leave the club with 2 weeks notice. Not sure if that's true, but if it is, Al Faraj better get his hand out of his pocket.

i think max. it is if they arent paid within 3 weeks of deadline they can leave with 2 weeks notice.

It dont leave them long to sign anyone as there is only a week to go.

yes that is very true i heard it this floating around pompey yesterday.

According to my Dad, if the players are not paid 3 months in a row, they are allowed to leave the club with 2 weeks notice. Not sure if that's true, but if it is, Al Faraj better get his hand out of his pocket.

But they have been paid, just not on time.

this is what i have heard. if their wages are delayed 3 times in a row (3months) then they are allowed to leave the club on a free transfer this is written in their contract.

Finally a bit of good news for Pompey, you really have to feel sorry for the fans at times like these.

Finally a bit of good news for Pompey, you really have to feel sorry for the fans at times like these.
Yep you certainly do.

I still don't see who we can bring in though really, I've heard rumours of O'Hara but he may of exceeded his loan limit for this season as it expired. Also heard about Giovanni Dos Santos, exciting young player.

I know I guess this is a nice distraction from the inevitable relegation, not good times down there ;) Haha

I know I guess this is a nice distraction from the inevitable relegation, not good times down there ;) Haha
Yeah, but an FA Cup and relegation doesn't sound to bad to me ;) Also a win over the Scum would make it a little sweeter ^^)

Well Kenwyne Jones is definately not going to Fratton Park.

Back