Portsmouth

lewisoldfield

Reaction score
Starting a game with portsmouth, i personally don't usually start this low down, i usually start with a game in the championship. Can anyone recommend any players in any positions, Free agents or loans.

Cheers

Check the players section, there is a list of bargain buys

Edit. : Mod - move this.

I just finished my first season in 3rd place with Pompey last night. I only signed 3 players as my current squad felt adequate enough IMO. I got Mohamed Coulibaly, Ian Sharps from Burton as Robinson's loan deal came to and end, and Luke Chadwick. Chadwick didn't appear to be much use to me, but the other 2 were good, particularly Coulibaly.

Westcarr scored over 20 goals, Taylor and Storey also scored quite a few. Plus, there were quite a few decent U18 players that I gave some game time to. I realise this might not be massively helpful, but I would suggest not making too many signings with Pompey as there's plenty of quality in the squad already :)

I just finished my first season in 3rd place with Pompey last night. I only signed 3 players as my current squad felt adequate enough IMO. I got Mohamed Coulibaly, Ian Sharps from Burton as Robinson's loan deal came to and end, and Luke Chadwick. Chadwick didn't appear to be much use to me, but the other 2 were good, particularly Coulibaly.

Westcarr scored over 20 goals, Taylor and Storey also scored quite a few. Plus, there were quite a few decent U18 players that I gave some game time to. I realise this might not be massively helpful, but I would suggest not making too many signings with Pompey as there's plenty of quality in the squad already :)

did u get promoted? im still in pre season trying to sign a back up striker and winger the defence looks decent enough with that loannee. I agree lookiing at the squad it doensnt need much improvement westcarr looks a beast What role did u play him?

did u get promoted? im still in pre season trying to sign a back up striker and winger the defence looks decent enough with that loannee. I agree lookiing at the squad it doensnt need much improvement westcarr looks a beast What role did u play him?

Yeah, in League 2 the top 3 get automatic promotion, then 4-7 enter the playoffs. The higher leagues only have 1st & 2nd automatic promotion.

I played Westcarr as a poacher, but he also seemed fairly effective behind a striker as well. I think my biggest problem area would be defence. I'm not sure if it was my tactics/mentality, but we let in quite a few goals, luckily though we scored plenty as well.

What formation are you thinking of playing?

Yeah, in League 2 the top 3 get automatic promotion, then 4-7 enter the playoffs. The higher leagues only have 1st & 2nd automatic promotion.

I played Westcarr as a poacher, but he also seemed fairly effective behind a striker as well. I think my biggest problem area would be defence. I'm not sure if it was my tactics/mentality, but we let in quite a few goals, luckily though we scored plenty as well.

What formation are you thinking of playing?

4231 wide with westcarr as advanced forward at the minute doing well pre season played malaga and lost 2-1 which is great in my opinion. Just signed a guy called dombaxe! when i looked at his transfer pages 16 championship teams were after him. i did have to give him 2k a week but well worth it, also signed a decent cb and left back from free agents. Happy with the current squad now

hi im doing a portsmouth save at the moment, loads of fun 1st season a won league with ease didnt have much of a transfer budget and only signed a couple of players, 2nd season my form was a bit hitty missy but managed to finish 2nd and went up to championship, again signed quite a few free transfers, 1st championship season i avoided relegation by 4 points was in and out of bottom 3 all season, this season am bottom after 3 games. Problem for me is they gave me 3.7m transfer budget but wages was only about 3000 max, so had to put budget into wages and rely on loans, but not many players willing to come.
miles storey, jed wallace, alex wynter, and webster are my standout players.

Get a parent club so that you can loan freebies off them.

ive arsenal as a parent club, not too many good quality youngsters available at the moment, asked board for another but they couldnt find a suitable one. Makes game more of a challange, until they decide to sack me hahahaha

If you need a GK, Robby McCrorie. I signed him on a free transfer out of Scotland around 2016/17. He improved at a ridiculous rate, and at the age of 20, he's already EPL material. Although if you started at Portsmouth in 2014, he probably won't be of immediate help.

christopher dilo and isaac becerra are my 2 keepers at the moment both decent and free transfers.

In my first season with Pompey, I finished first and I managed to get Chuba Akpom and Gedion Zelalem (beta) on loan and they scored well over forty goals between them in the league, also Wallace on the right as either a WM (S) or IF(s) was outstanding for me.

started a new game with Portsmouth too, trying to get them back to the big time! great start so far and Jed Wallace is a cracking player along with Westcarr.
Best result in my FM history came today, beat Chelsea with 10 men 1-0 in the league cup 3rd round!!! Schurlle and Diego Costa etc all playing!! :)

Back