Possession and high press football = less goals?

damesjond

Reaction score
This seems to be my case even with terrible teams. It seems that in FM 2015, a defensive set up invites the opposition, and all it takes is a bad decision from a defender and they are in.
But with an possion high pressing game, you are basically defending with the ball like Swansea.

If this has been discussed before I apologize, I'm just wondering if anybody has had success playing a park the bus tactic. I actually started a save just to see if I can emulate Tony Pullis, it was epic fail, until I moved to an attacking possession game and my results improved dramatically, even with slow and bad decision defenders.

This seems to be my case even with terrible teams. It seems that in FM 2015, a defensive set up invites the opposition, and all it takes is a bad decision from a defender and they are in.
But with an possion high pressing game, you are basically defending with the ball like Swansea.

If this has been discussed before I apologize, I'm just wondering if anybody has had success playing a park the bus tactic. I actually started a save just to see if I can emulate Tony Pullis, it was epic fail, until I moved to an attacking possession game and my results improved dramatically, even with slow and bad decision defenders.
sound good mate

o.png

Parking the bus works, but you need to have Retain Posession, Low Tempo and Work The Ball Into Box checked in, otherwise your team just keeps hoofing it stupidly, losing posession and getting raped with counter to the counter.

I play with willem II,high d-line close down more lower tempo work ball to the box tight marking offside trap...i use 15!!! Team instruction...and yes it works suprisingly well...counter and structured.EVERY time i tried to drop deep give away possesion and hit on the space it was a failure,i dont know and cant yet understant why but this only happens in fm15☺☺