Possession - HELP - Need Advice

• Thread starter Thread starter WalkerRFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3K

WalkerRFC

Reaction score
Hello,

I've always tried to create a Barcelona tactic but its too hard, I don't understand why I don't get the desired possession. I've tried having little freedom, very very short passing style, rarely cross, never take a long shot, not having an attacking mentality, setting more players to roam off the ball to have more passing options, playing wide, playing narrow. I've tried this in the Classic mode and the current tactics mode. "Very Fluid" "Control", I know, I know. I've tried short throws, short corners. At times, even ABIDAL has more passes than my playmaker, Xavi. It doesn't make sense.

Please help, what do you do?

WALKERRFC

(yes I used a slow tempo)

But still, I managed to get around 65% possession every game up until Valencia AWAY. And then, I got 53% possession. Its not realistic, but I know I'm doing something wrong in these hard games. What is it?

But still, I managed to get around 65% possession every game up until Valencia AWAY. And then, I got 53% possession. Its not realistic, but I know I'm doing something wrong in these hard games. What is it?

Not realistic ? What do you mean ? How can it be realistic to ALWAYS have s great possession advantage. Its not just the tactical orders you give to the players, its also the players and their ability, form , motivation AND the other 11 players on the pitch ( and their orders, form, manager, home crowd etc)

Are you serious ?

Yeah I guess you're right, I don't really take those factors into account to be honest. I'll try play a bit slower away from home maybe? Bit more narrow and so on, tighten things up. Thank-you very much for your help, I now pay more attention to detail.

You are the god of football manager

It's also the point that if you have your passing too short then players are gonna pass the ball to the player immediately next to them - more likely, defender to defender...of course that might build up 60% posession but whats the point when it's in your own half. You need to be thinking where your players are on the pitch and where you want them to pass the ball too. Then it's going to be down to the mentality and skills of the player - passing, decisions, ceativity etc. Next to that, it will be the movement of players off the ball to make room for a ball to be played

Ive got an amazing mix of attacking and short passes. Set instructions to retain possesion and push higher up. It has amazing possesion 63%+ and scores plenty of goals. Works in bsp and cl.

Yeah I guess you're right, I don't really take those factors into account to be honest. I'll try play a bit slower away from home maybe? Bit more narrow and so on, tighten things up. Thank-you very much for your help, I now pay more attention to detail.

You are the god of football manager

The things is, most users wanting to construct a solid possession tactic with the possession IN ADVANCED position have gotten really good tips from the thread I linked to. Post in there and I am sure that Raikan and the others involved will help you( in a discussion form)

Would it be ok to repost in that thread and close this one ?

Cheers

Back