Setinho

Reaction score
Hi, I'm playing with Arsenal and i'm really having a problem of possession... I don't know how to get good possession even vs smaller teams! I'm playing 4-2-3-1 with retain possession shorter passing, work ball into box, play out of defence, run at defence, roam from position, much lower tempo... Any advice would be helpful cheers

Hi, I'm playing with Arsenal and i'm really having a problem of possession... I don't know how to get good possession even vs smaller teams! I'm playing 4-2-3-1 with retain possession shorter passing, work ball into box, play out of defence, run at defence, roam from position, much lower tempo... Any advice would be helpful cheers

Post Tactics, examples of match day statistics please.
We don't have enough to go on with just what you've told us.

Much Lower Tempo (MLT) is always a great mistake, your players will be easing a lot the task to the opponents and get tackled resulting in loss of possession. It's also a great mistake because of the need of creating spaces in the opponent's defence and with MLT they will just sit the bus nicely.
Upload some screenshots.

I would use lower tempo, what's your philosophy set to? Is it control, what are your midfielders roles? Do you have strikers and wingers set to shoot lots. Having full backs attack helps with possession as well as you will have more options