• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1K

Is this a viable database?

• Total voters

Leeebakeer

Reaction score
Hey, first post...

I was thinking that a 'Piranna' database would be a great idea.
By Piranna I mean...
- A Team in the Blue Square North is replaced with a multi-billion pound funded team
- They have MAX reputation
- Alongside reputation, facilities, training and recruiting are MAX
- Best pick of current unemployed staff (as of 2012 Jan window)

You're probably thinking, "Where's the challenge!?"
Here's the twist, YOU CANNOT BE THAT TEAM!
The challenge is to build a good enough squad, within the Premiership (anyone you wish), over the min. five year waiting time before Team Piranna inevitably reach the Premiership...

YOUR GOAL? Resist the inevitable power of Team Piranna for as long as possible

Any thoughts on the possible database, and any suggestions are welcomed.

Although, in theory it does sound good, it just wouldn't work.. AI managers are morons and that club would probably just sit in the football league for years.. Managers of smaller rich clubs on FM buy average players for lost of money and do nothing with them..

I saw it when Rotherham [League 2] were taken over by a billionaire but three years later were still in League 2 despite spending £5m per year on players.. It's a shame.

Andy, even if they had the best of the best staff and an opening budget of £100,000,000+?

Plus Rotherham would have tiny reputation in comparison (no disrespect eh?) to 'Team Piranna' who would, reputation wise, be the most reknown team around the world?

With that in mind what you think?

Last edited:
Maybe using custom-edited manager with +20 in everything including the hidden stats. But propably not even then. I once tried to see what happens to my team after i retire , so i signed entire squad and staff for 5 years and left. The AI manager sold best players, replaced them with some deadwood, and managed to not win the league ( i previously won ~8 years in a row)

I'm going to make a test and see how it pans out over like 5 seasons.

They will Sign players to match the standard of their league and any good players and staff will move to top teams.

They will Sign players to match the standard of their league and any good players and staff will move to top teams.

They are 'recognised' as a top team through their reputation you're forgetting, I'm on/off letting it holiday for a while to see how it pans out, but they've had two successive promotions, brough players like Mackie from QPR to the BSN...

What about creating a team like that in another country. Ireland for example or Wales or use a league like San Marino or Andorra. That would be a challenge

Back