joycey360

Reaction score
View attachment 200907

Johnstones Paint trophy semi final vs Sheffield Wednesday. Me? Burton Albion, top of League 2. Sheffield Wednesday, top of League 1? Pundits were like 'oh this is an impossible game' so I was determined to prove them wrong.

I made this tactic completely by accident to be perfectly honest :p It was a spur of the moment thing, I thought 'I'm not going to win anyway so it's worth a try'

How wrong I was! Even though we won on penalties, that's not the point, the point is the fact they were a whole division ahead of us.

The main points here, on opposition instructions, select the central midfielders to tight marking always and tackling hard. This stops the main playmakers making chances, and it worked didn't it? They only scored one goal past me and to be fair it was a fairly well worked goal.

Also another thing to note is the touchline instructions. Get ball forward, to obviously get the ball forward, and Work ball into box to try and reduce shots from outside the box, which isn't really going to work when you have league 2 standard players.

If you want to follow my story please visit this link: http://burtonalbionfootballmanager.blogspot.com/

P
lease note: I do NOT actually have George Elekobi or Titus Bramble, these are actually Aziz Deen-Conteh and Moses Swaibu, I thought I'd have a play about with the nicknames :p

Thanks for reading!