Winning 5-0 in one game, losing 4-0 in the next

Patrick123

Reaction score
Hi.

I am playing in the Tippeliga and after 8 games I'm on 1st place with 5 straight wins (6-1-1) The only problem is that those wins have been narrow victories were I've just avoided conceding a goal, whilst only scoring 1 myself. Those goals usually came from penalties and such. Therefor I thought it was a bit odd that I suddenly defeated Brann 5-0. They didn't even have a shot at goal. I figured the tactic I was using was pure gold so I stuck with it in the next game, but there I ended up losing 4-0 to Sandefjord. Infact, I was lucky that I only lost 4-0.

Seeing as how names like Brann and Sandefjord probably doesn't mean that much to you, let me put it this way; it's about the same as beating Man Utd 5-0 with Tottenham, then suddenly losing 4-0 to Burnley who just happen to have three of their best players out with injury.

I know this seems like just a rant, but I don't see the reason why this should happen. The same tactic, much weaker opponent, yet watching it would make you wonder if I was playing 1-1-8 or something. Does this happen often to you? I know that teams figure out your tactic about half way (you know this when you suddenly start conceding 15 goals in three games), but 8 games is a bit early, don't you think?

It could be the fact that you may be using the same tactics in each game and your opponents can easily tell whats coming. I had this problem on my game with Adelaide United where I won 1 game 6-0 and lost the next 3-0 changed my tactics and won the next 3 on the run.

I had the same problem aswell but did what lambo0264 did and started winning a few

"The game's designers have decided that no team should win all games and quite right too. But us clever players work out how to get best players, tactics etc, so if they just left it to straightforward maths, we would always win.

What they do is create some random generator, based on certain conditions within the game, to decide that certain games will be heavily weighed against you. In these random games, the mathematical formulae are modified in favour of the lesser team and are modified by a very large factor, to make the outcome almost certain."

Copied and pasted from someone's post in 'This game is sooo scripted'

"The game's designers have decided that no team should win all games and quite right too. But us clever players work out how to get best players, tactics etc, so if they just left it to straightforward maths, we would always win.

What they do is create some random generator, based on certain conditions within the game, to decide that certain games will be heavily weighed against you. In these random games, the mathematical formulae are modified in favour of the lesser team and are modified by a very large factor, to make the outcome almost certain."

Copied and pasted from someone's post in 'This game is sooo scripted'

Who wrote that? someone who works for SI or just a guess? Some games do feel like that though when you play an have 20 chances an then Blackpool score 1 out of 1 an then the game just dies out an you lose..