Post-apocalyptic films

Reaction score
Anyone got any suggestions for any? Going to see the Road, as i'm a huge fan of anything post-apocalyptic; Terminator, Escape from New York/L. A., Bladerunner, Mad Max etc.

ahhh i loved delicatessen!!!

the road looks good.

im really into the this kind of film, but mainly i seem to enjoy the post plague/battle against the undead kind of film:

28 days later
28 weeks alter
i am legend

there are a few similar looking films coming out soon. daybreakers and the carriers. theres also oen called the crazies but dont know how good it is.

There is that new one out this week with Denzel Washington and Gary Oldman called The Book of Eli.

The Road was a good watch. Worth seeing, though quite grim.

Seen 28 Days Later (which was pretty awesome), 28 weeks later was just too... American. 12 Monkeys is brilliant, but heard that both i am legend and the Book of Eli are a bit pants.

• 12 Monkeys
  • Children of Men
  • Wall-E

:wub:

Seen 28 Days Later (which was pretty awesome), 28 weeks later was just too... American. 12 Monkeys is brilliant, but heard that both i am legend and the Book of Eli are a bit pants.

yeah danny boyle didnt direct 28 weeks, although the franchise (theres a rumoured seqel, 28 months later) is his brainchild. it was very american lol.

i liked i am legend, nothing spectacualr and a few weird references to god, but a nice little blast of lonely new york city life for will smith

Last edited:
I dont have a clue what 12 Monkeys was about :L :p

here's a challenge - one weekend, try and watch all 7 Planet of the Apes films back-to-back. that'll test your resolve.

Anyone got any suggestions for any? Going to see the Road, as i'm a huge fan of anything post-apocalyptic; Terminator, Escape from New York/L. A., Bladerunner, Mad Max etc.

If you did see the road I hope you are okay, I made need to see a shrink after. Such a bad movie I got so bored and frustrated during the film it hurt.
Leaves you feeling generally suicidal that another human being would create this and expect others to watch it.

Wehn all else fails, play fallout 3

I'd even put the TV version of Stephen Kings "The Stand" in contention - if you cut the last, say 20 minutes, from it (He writes good stories, but I haven't read a single one that couldn't have done without the last 100 pages....)

And I might be the only one out there to do so, but I did quite enjoy "The Postman"....