Potential ability

• Thread starter Thread starter Iguwell
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 5K

Iguwell

Reaction score
I bought this regen from another club. He is a wonderkid but appears the club position trained him as AML.

The ability to play this position has now dropped. Now for the question.

As it uses up potential ability to train position will he gain this back when it decreases?

Example:

If he is at 60% current ability out of 100% potential. So he can improve 40%.

If he then falls in his position level so he decreases to 57% current ability. Will he still only be able to improve 40% or does he gain that potential back for other purposes?

I hope it's not just wasted.

You dont get the concept of pa(or potential ability).
It doesnt cost pa to teach a player a new position. PA is used only for thr players stats. Not positions/preferred moves etc.

I've read it somewhere.

Also read that the level of the weaker foot also counts towards current ability and thereby make less room for improving his stats. Is stats the only thing that counts?

strength of foot counts but player position doesn't. You don't really need to worry though, you cant chose how the player progresses - either gets good or not !!

It's current ability that it drains, according to the posts about it.

It's current ability that it drains, according to the posts about it.

Yes, although not drains. It re- calculates the cost for raising à level in à certain stat, so in short, its more about the stats the player Will be able to have in the future.

Weaker foot though actually takes up current ability points as its an ability.

Yes, although not drains. It re- calculates the cost for raising à level in à certain stat, so in short, its more about the stats the player Will be able to have in the future.

Weaker foot though actually takes up current ability points as its an ability.

So, a player with the stats potential all at 20, but only with left foot, if i train him to the right foot, the stats could only improve, for example, to 17?

So, a player with the stats potential all at 20, but only with left foot, if i train him to the right foot, the stats could only improve, for example, to 17?

Yep. Although it's impossible to have a player with all 17 for his attributes, nevermind 20 ;)

I'm not 100% on this, but I think now that new positions might take a little bit of the CA up. I think it was done to stop people training strikers in CB, which would somehow make their finishing etc go up quicker.

Yep. Although it's impossible to have a player with all 17 for his attributes, nevermind 20 ;)

I'm not 100% on this, but I think now that new positions might take a little bit of the CA up. I think it was done to stop people training strikers in CB, which would somehow make their finishing etc go up quicker.

No, it does not take up CA as such. You can( or ask someone to) test this nu just making à player natural in all possible position. After à while, his stats Will be slightly different, but they Will not be " overall " lower.

Cheers for clearing that up. Must have changed from previous versions then.

I am not 100% sure, sorry. Just need to clear this.

My player whowas previously trained in a different position will still be able to reach the same stats as if he hadn't had that positioning training?

I am not 100% sure, sorry. Just need to clear this.

My player whowas previously trained in a different position will still be able to reach the same stats as if he hadn't had that positioning training?

Apart from the fact that his focus om learning this new position takes time away from his regular training, then yes. Not the EXACT same stats, but the same level Of stats.

Last edited:
Back