Potential/Current Ability or Attributes?

• Thread starter Thread starter sully786
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 6K

sully786

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been wondering, when choosing a player, what would you choose the Potential/ Current ability or the Attributes because i scouted a player and the key attributes for the position he plays in is pretty good but his current and potential ability is like 3 stars or less. Plus, when i played him in a match, he didn't have any effect on the role he was played in but when i put someone else who's current and potential ability was better but had okay attributes he made an impact. So im kinda confused, I usually go for the attributes :(

Bit of both
If you have good scouts and a good assistant then the potential / current ability will be accurate, but if you have **** ones then they could be lying lol Ability is based on your squad too so an average player could be 2 stars at barca but 5 stars at another team
Attributes don't lie, if he has good attributes and suits your tactic then you dont need to worry about ability
but then theres the odd player that has poor attributes and ability but still plays awesome :S lol

Both. Sometimes player can have lower PA/CA but perfect attributes for a position.

I say if he doesn't play well and add to your team's play, don't get him. Like Mullen said, you can have **** players who for some reason play great - I experienced this first hand after taking on an old irish right winger who was worse than my original one in BSN. We're in league 2 now and the old guy is still scoring goals/making assists and I let my original winger go a long time ago because he sucked. You can get the same effect with a good player who just can't play well for you.

However, do pay attention to three things:

1) His preferred role/position: the scouts will usually tell you what role they think he's best suited for. It's usually a good idea to listen to them on this (though not always). Example is when I signed a young winger who was supposedly amazing, but he would never make an impact. I was playing him in the MR position, which he was supposedly "accomplished" in, but not in his natural AMR. When I switched him to AMR, he became one of my best players. Same with roles when I put my CM (s) to AP (s) and suddenly he started playing well.

2) Your key squad skill. If your team plays a short passing game and has a high average passing attribute, then a player with crappy passing won't be able to contribute to the team as he'll fudge the passes when it's most important. If your squad is the heading type and he can't head -> same problem.

3) Some key mental attributes. I found that players with extremely low bravery end up being worthless no matter how great they are in other skills. They rarely try to dribble past - instead, they always turn away from the opponent and shield the ball (because they're scared) and either slow down the play or lose the ball altogether. Low bravery/decisions/positioning can really ruin an otherwise great player, so be careful with that.

If you're in the lower leagues, quickness is highly important, so make sure to note that too.

Back