Pre-determined results

JohnDillinger

Reaction score
Has anyone else been finding that the familiar ghost of pre-determined results has made yet another unwelcome return to FM? On my second season with Newcastle on FM10, won the fizzy pop league, rebuilt my team with lots of prem players (David Bentley, Alan Hutton, Caicedo, James Vaughan etc) and some other quality players (eg Artem Milivskyi) and was doing ok-ish in the prem.

So I come to a game against Utd and they field a severely weakened team. Naturally, I think I can and should take this game. Of course I cannot win or even draw the game no matter what I do. Ultra-defensive or ultra-attacking and every permutation in between results in the same outcome - a Utd win by 1 or 2 goals. This has now occured 11 times, the last time I played 3 centre forwards and a trequartista, FINALLY scored past van der Sar and the game responded by sending off TWO, not one but TWO of my players AT THE SAME TIME for one tackle half way down the pitch, not the last man by a country mile. 2 straight red cards for one innocuous tackle. And you can guess how the game ended.

Kind of takes away from the management aspect of the game (i.e. the entire point of the game) if results are pre-determined and will not change no matter what you do.

your cheating, saving and loading takes away any managerial aspect of the game, dont you think so ?

maybe it doesn't let you save before the game and then quit. Football Manager 2010 doesn't work like that. You play no matter how much success you get. It is fun that way

Nap, I agree, but that doesn't makes the predetermination less true. Though I have to say a game I played four times (not cheating, just getting a save before a game to see the new options and get acquainted with them before starting a serious game), I got the first a 1-1, the second with same starting instructions 0-1 and the other two with different 0-1. For whatever it could mean.

Think its a Newcastle thing , I'm in my second season promoted to Prem in season one, Second season I have improved squad with some good players (Kolo Toure , Vincent Kompany and Roque Santa Cruz all in reserves and on transfer list by Man City!!!!! likewise Moulada from Chelsea)

Did ok till i hit the big teams , I have lost every game and then I was 3-0 at Spurs early on , by half time it was 3-2 , I grabbed another goal after halftime and with 5 mins to go they scored twice , Peter Crouch skinning my defence out running them and scoring with his feet not once but twice. ( I had my players playing defensive to hang onto lead and had subbed my st for a dm to help out and Peter Crouch beat them all ..... possibly as far from real life as possible in my opinion)

Next game I was 1-0 against Man City by half time i was a man light and 2-1 down . They then scored from kick off second half and hammered me 5-2.

I have tried a lot of different tactics but none of them can stop me conceeding in the last 5 minutes of a match when I am leading. Maybe Newcastle have a dodgy def irl but I have worked hard to sort the def and brought in some quality players but the game doesn't seem to care. They have labeled Newcastle with a dodgy def and it has stuck.

Back