Preferred Move Training and Individual Training Focus

• Thread starter Thread starter razh1983
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 6K

razh1983

Reaction score
Hi all,

Long time FM player, but new here. Just want to gather opinion on preferred move training and individual focus...

Do you guys use these a lot? Or do you find that it takes away too much from overall training if that makes sense?

Cheers.

Raz

Wouldn't say I use them a lot but use them when needed. If I know training a player with a certain PPM will make him better, then I'll do it but I try to keep it simple and only train him with those that are really necessary. And I usually use individual focus just to boost the progress the player currently has. Sometimes I'll just rotate individual focus on the attributes that are most important for the position my player is playing - so I'll train one for 2-3 months, then swap to something else important.

But yeah, I don't try to overdo it so that it takes away too much time from their normal schedule.

I only really use individual focus when I have a talented youngster who is missing one stat.

I tend to avoid PPM's because I change my formation too much to make it viable. However I generally train my AMC's to try 'killer balls often' my strikers to 'break offside trap often' (or whatever its called) and finish depending on what I see as the best for him, for example I have one great striker who has a decision stat of 10 but great pace and great finishing so I trained 'shoots with power' and he plays like a Croatian Batistuta, but with defenders with good finishing and decisions I like to train them to 'place shots into the corner of the net'.

both answers much as I thought, guess I was just looking to see if people think the same way as I do when playing...

Actually PPMs are very important and if you have a way or a strategy your team wants to play you can adapt PPMs to your play style.

For example if you would like to play a possession football it will be good if all of your mids and wingers have drops deep to get the ball and go forward whenever it is possible. Short passing game, untrained long shots, look for a pass rather than a shoot are also some good PPMs for possession football.
If you would like to create more chances than you need to have your players with move into channels.
If you would like to play with a stopper cover CB duo you would like the stopper with dives into tackles and the cover with does not dive into tackles PPMs.

So I would say that PPMs are more team and strategy based than individual based. The same philosophy can be applied for the individual training of your team. You might want a stronger team, quicker one, are more technical one. For example the team I manage is very quick but I want them to be technical and to play some long shots, this is why my individual training focus is on passing, long shots and first touch in most of my players and I train long shots and shoot with power in the majority of my players. But I also have killer balls in order to use the quickness of my wingers and the technique of my passers.

Hope you get the idea.

if you got a fast striker and want to play and score like messi i would recommend runs with ball often and youll see him running through the defence so easly and also pass one on two is also affective

Back