premier division registration :S

• Thread starter Thread starter Matty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3K

Matty

Reaction score
Please could someone shed some light on this for me.

I am currently managing notts county and have got them to the prem in 3 seasons.
i have played fm for years, and this has never happened.

WHY has it asked me to register 25 players for the premier division? it has never done that with any other prem team iv managed. WHy has it done it now?

does anyone know why, or how to fix it?

urgent please

thanks

it did it to me with stoke, it;s a ******* i know, unfortunately there's nothin you can do, apart from leave out some people and then sell them, no point in keeping them if they can't play

oh right thats ****

why does it happen thought?

anybody know.

because i like having big squads, and 25 isn't nearly enough for a premiership club anyway

imo it's more than enough, as long as you have a backup for nearly every position you'll be fine. That's just my opinion though

it has happened to me in my second season in the prem. Are these actual rules or something that can be sorted in a later patch

its beacuse its happening next season in premiership is it not

i think its to counter man city

its just like la liga?

how would it counter man city? surely if a player leaves you can register someone in their place

It's a rule that's coming in to effect in the Premier League from the 2010/2011 season to ensure there are more 'home-grown' players in the Premier League.

It's a new rule in the Premier league (irl from the next season) and it is the same as the Champions league rule. Youngsters don't have to be (but usually need to be because of the home-grown rule) registered. And 25 players is enough. I'm even thinking of selling some players.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

By countering Man city it is meant that a club can't just buy loads of players every year from around the world and should look more to growing youth.

oh i remember this now.. but isnt it so that a player like Fabregas counts as a home grown player for arsenal because he has been there since he was 16?

wow if maggett is right, then brian barwick should kill himself, seriously were doing no different than the likes of chelsea did, actually weve signed less and spent less money, an absolute racist attack on our owner if you ask me, sorry if this is over reacting but its ridiculous, just because the owner is middle eastern they think hes dodgy

25 players are still more than enough though, it´s the max number for european competitions anyway, and for the epl you don´t even need to register players that are 21 or younger. Having alot of players only means that eventually a few of them want to move because they don´t get 1st team chance unless you are rotating like mad.

Theres so many threads on this man.
It's a rule that UEFA have brought in to ensure more home-grown players are brought up in teams.

ok fair enough, didn't know there was a rule about this coming to the prem. if i would have known i wouldn't have signed players ***** nilly LOL
I now have a too bigger squad but oh well, i can always sell.

And if there are threads on it, i couldn't find em, i looked. OH WELL! iv found out now anyway.

I always do lower league teams on fm to be fair, and whenever i do a bigger team it never lasts long so haven't noticed the rule in the prem.

Cheers for answering my question, shame its not a fault, gotta get rid of people i don't want to now, lol.

Back