Premier League Squad Costs 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 3K

Lee

Administrator
Reaction score
Costs (without inflation) of the confirmed squads, so doesn't include a lot of players u21 just the notable ones, of the Premier League teams for the forthcoming season....

Manchester City - £323m
Manchester United - £228m
Chelsea - £215m
Tottenham - £191m
Aston Villa - £109m
Liverpool - £109m
Arsenal - £96m
Sunderland £87m
Everton - £80m
Newcastle - £68m
West Ham United - £61m
Fulham - £58m
Birmingham - £45m
Stoke - £47m
Bolton - £43m
Wolves - £39m
Wigan - £37m
West Brom - £34m
Blackburn - £32m
Blackpool - £6m

Last edited:
the difference between Manchester City and Manchester United is quite big! nothing compared to City and Blackpool though, even still , Blackpool have had a better start lol

Home grown players:

Jamie Carragher free
Joe Cole free
Stephen Darby free
Steven Gerrard free
Glen Johnson 18m
Brad Jones 2.3m
Paul Konchesky 4m
Jay Spearing free​
Non home grown players:

Daniel Agger 5m
Fabio Aurelio free
Ryan Babel 11m
Milan Jovanovic free
Dirk Kuyt 11m
Sotirios Kyrgiakos 1.5m
Lucas Leiva 8m
Raul Meireles 11.5m
Christian Poulsen 4.5m
Pepe Reina 6m
Maxi Rodriguez 1.5m
Martin Skrtel 6m
Fernando Torres 20.5m
100.8m

Lee where did you find the figures, would like to browse united's in detail.

Lee where did you find the figures, would like to browse united's in detail.

Just taken from another website, as soon as I find out more details I'll let you know as I'm interested in the breakdowns of each squad as well.

Shows just how well Blackburn have done over the past few years, staying in the league. Would be interesting to put annual wages against it aswell though.

+ Jonjo Shelvey, N'Gog, Wilson, Pacheco, etc...

i thought you said the confirmed squad, those players are not in the squad. as they are under 21.
but shelvey 1.7m
ngog 1m
wilson 2.5m
pacheco free

Last edited:
Costs (without inflation) of the confirmed squads, so doesn't include a lot of players u21 just the notable ones, of the Premier League teams for the forthcoming season....

Manchester City - £323m
Manchester United - £228m
Chelsea - £215m
Tottenham - £191m
Aston Villa - £109m
Liverpool - £109m
Arsenal - £96m
Sunderland £87m
Everton - £80m
Newcastle - £68m
West Ham United - £61
Fulham - £58m
Birmingham - £45m
Stoke - £47m
Bolton - £43m
Wolves - £39m
Wigan - £37m
West Brom - £34m
Blackburn - £32m
Blackpool - £6m

West Ham's squad cost £61? no wonder they are doing bad in the Premier League if thats how much they spent !! :P

Last edited:
Quite clearly a typo calum, no need to get a ***** over it.

Looks about right, these where in the sun yestardy, so probaly from them.

Shows just how well Blackburn have done over the past few years, staying in the league. Would be interesting to put annual wages against it aswell though.

Exactly my thoughts, quite astounding actually, same goes for Bolton.

I would love to know how these figures compare to Spain,Germany and Italy too.

i thought you said the confirmed squad, those players are not in the squad. as they are under 21.
but shelvey 1.7m
ngog 1m
wilson 2.5m
pacheco free

"so doesn't include a lot of players u21 just the notable ones" <-- So it includes those likely to figure for the first teams at some point this year.

£108.660,000 is the actual number I have for the Liverpool squad, so if we use the numbers you've given we get...

100.8 + 5.2 = 106m

When you take into account all of the rounding up/down in the original list you gave as well as the fact most reported transfer fee's vary depending on where you read them it's easy to get it up by another £2.5m

"so doesn't include a lot of players u21 just the notable ones" <-- So it includes those likely to figure for the first teams at some point this year.

£108.660,000 is the actual number I have for the Liverpool squad, so if we use the numbers you've given we get...

100.8 + 5.2 = 106m

When you take into account all of the rounding up/down in the original list you gave as well as the fact most reported transfer fee's vary depending on where you read them it's easy to get it up by another £2.5m

ah i see what you mean now.

someone said compare it to the teams from spain etc etc.

i imagine barcelona's to be fairly low in relation to the top premiership clubs, just because their academy is effing brilliant...

Barcelona's is €162 (£135). pretty low.
But they have gotten rid of Ibra, Henry, Marquez, Yaya and Chygrynskiy just this summer

In a strange way I'm disappointed Sunderland don't do better in the league when we spend more than twelve other clubs in the league.

Barcelona's is €162 (£135). pretty low.
But they have gotten rid of Ibra, Henry, Marquez, Yaya and Chygrynskiy just this summer

that's lower than city, united, chelsea and even tottenham, with a squad that is the best in the world, and would probably pwn those four...

Back