Premier League to oppose terraces

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 442

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
The Premier League will oppose moves to reintroduce standing areas at top-flight football matches in England.

More...

All the teams have spent millions renovating and building new stadiums in line with the Taylor report, why would they approve of reintroduction of terracing? Non-article really.

I have always preferred standing, and a lot of the time fans stand anyway in many stadiums, its just safer this way.

And as Niall said above, the transformation of our stadiums has cost millions, and safety has massively increased as a result, in this crazy health and safety world we live in, this was never going to be considered.

Totally agree ^^ absolute non artical...

good as when i go to games i would rather sit down

also when everyone is seated you can see the pitch, what if you were behind a really tall guy standing and you coudn't see

Love standing - creates a much better atmosphere in my opinion.

Think there should be at least 1 section of each ground to be standing only and for those who want seating can sit in the other sections. Happens elsewhere in Europe so could work here. But as mentioned before it won't happen.

Standing really helps the atmosphere and energy of the crowd but also comes with a massive health and safety risk.

Don't think we'll ever see terraces at the top level again.

Standing and chanting the entire game is just how it should be. It's the difference between Home and Away.

Back