Pressure got to Rooney - Ferguson

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 629

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson claims the weight of expectation on Wayne Rooney was to blame for the striker's poor World Cup with England.

More...

The pies and kentucky fried chicken got to him more like, I think he needs a personal trainer to work off those excess pounds.

but he has massive expectation at manchester united too :/

Like the way he goes, the pressure was too much, they expected too much, then at the end Fergie says he WILL be brilliant at the world cup in 2014. XD

The pies and kentucky fried chicken got to him more like, I think he needs a personal trainer to work off those excess pounds.
rooney weighs 82.7 kilos (13st), not exactly fat. so your comment is nether funny or true

Meh, i wouldn't say the pressure got to him, but I think he did underperform, maybe not given enough time to recover from his injury. I think the pressure got to the team as a whole, but they didn't do themselves any favours not winning their group.

Well, well Fergie making up one of his excuses, wouldn't be suprised if Madrid buy him now. :S

Meh, i wouldn't say the pressure got to him, but I think he did underperform, maybe not given enough time to recover from his injury. I think the pressure got to the team as a whole, but they didn't do themselves any favours not winning their group.
he was certainly way below his best, the expectation by some for rooney to do it all himself was ridiculous. he didnt make all 34 of his goals for united by himself. he still relies on the players around him, like all players .

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Well, well Fergie making up one of his excuses, wouldn't be suprised if Madrid buy him now. :S
dont talk nonsense, what has that comment got to do with madrid?

Last edited:
I think it got to them all but I don't understand because most of these guys play in front of 50000+ crowds every week.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson claims the weight of expectation on Wayne Rooney was to blame for the striker's poor World Cup with England.

Oh, that's alright then... glad he cleared it up for us! :@

I think it got to them all but I don't understand because most of these guys play in front of 50000+ crowds every week.
i think there was more to it, there was something wrong in the camp, because you cant say that gerrard hasnt been a pressure player for liverpool, or rooney for united (when we needed goals this season he delivered). and part of being a big player is coping with the pressure

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Oh, that's alright then... glad he cleared it up for us! :@
lol its only his opinion, its not like what he said is gospel

i think there was more to it, there was something wrong in the camp, because you cant say that gerrard hasnt been a pressure player for liverpool, or rooney for united (when we needed goals this season he delivered). and part of being a big player is coping with the pressure

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

lol its only his opinion, its not like what he said is gospel

Maybe thats just it but, perhaps expectations are too high, or they're exhausted by seasons in their clubs. Maybe less fixtures would help. I'm not saying that is or isn't true, I'm pointing out things that would help btw.

i would love for us to have winter break..

i think there was more to it, there was something wrong in the camp
I agree that there must have been a problem in the camp, I don't believe it was just the pressure.

Back