Just going to document my progress as Motherwell in the SPFL Premiership. Obviously its still the Beta version just now and I have no idea of what will work in FM15 so will be a bit of a work in progress.

For anyone not familiar with Lanarkshires Finest here is a wee background in to the club.

Media Prediction 8th

Basicially NO money (so will be looking to build a good team through free agents, loan deals, youth prospects and smart buys)

But my own personal goal for the first season is minimum a top 6 place and hopefully a cup final

View attachment 331505View attachment 331503View attachment 331502

View attachment 331497View attachment 331495

There are quite a few talented players at the club for the level were at and target man centre forward John Sutton(above) is probably the best we have.

As youth will be an important tool i've picked out Jack Leitch as the best youth prospect at the club. a good young CM/CDM that I plan to give large amounts of game time to. There are a few other good prospects like Stuart Carswell and Lee Erwin but it looks like I may have to acquire some younger players from elsewhere

I have assessed the squad and decided that for (what will probably be) the 4-2-3-1 formation that will be played I would spend my limited funds on a playmaker AM and with the departure of LW Francis-Angol also need a replacement.

The 2 I managed to acquire I am very pleased with, Pablo Aimar(Free) and Shane Ferguson(Loan - Newcastle)

I have also added my squad depth so that you can see how my squad shapes up

Last edited:
Here is an an example of the Tactic im going to try out but it is totally experimental so will see how it pans out. But ultimately I want to play an attractive brand of attacking possession football
View attachment 699811View attachment 699813

Still currently in August so will update on my transfers when the deadline has passed. But I will update on my friendlies and the few competitive game i have played so far...

Pre-season went well and although it was not against the greatest opposition it was shown we can score goals.
View attachment 699814

Not sure what happened in the last post with the attachments. No idea how to work anything on this...

First competitive game was in the Europa League 2nd Qualifying round and I drew Shirak (Armenian) was fairly confident of victory in this tie and after a scrappy 1-0 win in the away tie I managed to put a far more convincing display in to seal the 2nd leg to progress comfortably in the end.

View attachment 331490View attachment 331489

This put us through to the 3rd Qualifying round but got an unkind draw against Premier League Hull City. The first leg was at home and an outstanding result gave us a 2-1 lead going down to England. However it was evident that this would be a hrad task and so it proved. An Abel Hernandez hat-trick booted us swiftly out of europe (unfortunately like real life) but it was another really good performance that gave me hope for the season as we matched them all over the park. Play like that in most league games and we'll win.

View attachment 331488View attachment 331487

Anyway just lets me focus 100% on the league...Next match St Mirren H League opener

Season Opener Vs St Mirren at Home...
With only LB Hammell and New signing Aimar missing through Injury and lack of fitness it was basically a full strength side and at home to St Mirren (one of the weaker sides) 3 points was the only acceptable outcome

However it was not quite the start I had in mind but at least I didn't lose.

The passing and attacking football worked really well going forward but just lost goals too easily and a 3-3 draw was probably a fair result although I wanted the 3 points after drawing level with over 30 mins left but it wasnt to be. Quite a lot of things needing changing defensively I think but not sure how to approach it as I already have 2 DM's but will work it out. Next match Dundee Utd A

View attachment 699829