• Thread starter Thread starter Sean
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 10K

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Countless times over the years users have had problems where there saved game could not be loaded by Football Manager. This is a nightmare situation as it means all of your hard work has been lost forever and you will need to start again.

However there is one simple trick which can help combat this issue. Set your game to Auto Save.

To do this, simply load up Football Manager 2012 and visit the preferences screen (SHIFT+P). On the General settings tab there are two settings which you should take a close look at; Auto Save Interval and Auto Save Mode.

View attachment 2389

View attachment 2388

Auto Save Interval

This is how often your game will auto save and create a backup as defined by the auto save mode.

Auto Save Mode

Incremental Auto Save - This will create a saved game filename with the in-game date that the game was saved (eg: 2011-07-09.fm).

Rolling Auto Save - A new saved game file will be created with the name of your choice followed by a version number (eg: Barcelona Game (v03).fm)

Recommendation

An Auto Save Interval of either Every Week or Every Fortnight and to use the Rolling Auto Save method. If you have plenty of hard drive space then I recomment using the 10 File Rolling Auto Save as this will allow you to keep 10 previous versions of your saved game.

A typical game is usually between 20MB and 80MB depending on how many seasons you have played. So make sure to take this into consideration when choosing which type of auto save you want to use.

Last edited:
Hi,

The problem I have is that my game either doesn't save the backups (for an unknown reason) or it saves them somewhere else other than the game folder. I have ticked the box to save temp files in the game folder, but still can't see any backup. I have the backup set to Weekly and in roll mode of the last 3 files. It works perfectly in my FM10 install.

Any tips?

Thanks,

Marconi

Back