robert7zg

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

have been reading this for long time, and now I really need help in FM2014.

I have been playing ManCity, in formation 4-2-3-1, in 12official games I have 8 wins, 2draw and 2 loss, but that isn't problem, my finishing is...

........GK........
FB..CD..CD..FB
...BBM..DLP....
..AP..EG..AP...
.........P.........

Where :

GK = Hart
FBR = Zabaleta
CD = Lescott
CD = Kompany
FBL = Clichy
BBM = Sandro / Javi Garcia
DLP = Yaya Toure / Rodwell
APR = Navas
EG = Aguero
AP = Silva
P = Negredo

Problem is, I have great possesion ~60% against all teams, I have 3-4CCC per game, I have ~30shots and 15on target, lots of woodwork, and just struggle to score goals altough I am satisfied with playstyle, but I just cant find someone who will bang goals.

I have tried first Aguero as CF/DLF/P, he just can't hit goal, Negredo is somewhat better, Jovetic just got back from long term injury, and havent tried him on ST position, Dzeko is just sad and he even doesn't get in chances so I transfer listed him. Navas is so far my best player altough playing on unconvincing position, he is 2nd on scorelist, and has lots of assists. Silva has assists and few long shot goals, and Aguero is just bad performing, I put him on EG position cause he assists atleast and creates chances, so it is better then having him upfront where his ratings are like 6.40 ( stats says he has 2 goals from 89 Shots?!?! )

Is it lack of good goalscorer, or am I doing something wrong?

Really enjoyable to watch creating chances, but jesus christ noone can hit goal.

If my team is bad in Striker position, who should I invest in?

Thanks in advance!

Got exactly the same problem, they can literally stand inside the 6 yard box and hit the conornor flag when they "try" to hit the goal. It is insane how many 100% chances they miss and then you see the computer stand outside the box and score the most awesome goals in 2-3 tries when you spend 30 on getting 2-3 goals max.

Be Man Utd... Problem solved XD
Rooney and RVP have been deadly in front of goal for me even Kagawa has chipped in by getting double figures.

Oh you think the finishing is abysmal?
What about the defending? I swear, my defenders are worse than poles stuck in the pitch. They just STAND THERE while the other team just walks into the box and shoots. AND THEY ALMOST NEVER MISS.
Seriously, I don't know HOW my defense even earns their 7.0+ ratings, when they do almost nothing.

Be Man Utd... Problem solved XD
Rooney and RVP have been deadly in front of goal for me even Kagawa has chipped in by getting double figures.

Not the case for me, played RVP as a lone striker in every relevant role and no success.
He must have played about 40 games and scored 12, were talking CCC's being missed every other game :(

Last edited:
I'm churning out 30 chances per game with a quality Man City squad, but the finishing is terrible! Sometimes shooting inside the 18 yard box with so much power the ball goes our for a throw in. I tried shouting "work into box" and turning off long shots, but then the players were messing about too much trying to pass it in.

I guess booting the ball to the star strikers ain't going to work now! Better build up play is required.

I've seen this in all FM games, but just now I just witnessed the worst shot in the world! This is worse than Heskey's ever been able to shoot!

On my Southampton save, Clyne just shot on the corner of the 6 yeard box, with a clear open pass which would of been a goal, and it went out for a throw in. I've almost had it with FM's engine, it's like my team gets about 8+ shots on goal a game, and the opposition are usually >3 shots on goal a game, and even though we have a better keeper, we still only score about the same amount of goals as them, this game is becoming a bit of a pain to play

I'm churning out 30 chances per game with a quality Man City squad, but the finishing is terrible! Sometimes shooting inside the 18 yard box with so much power the ball goes our for a throw in. I tried shouting "work into box" and turning off long shots, but then the players were messing about too much trying to pass it in.

I guess booting the ball to the star strikers ain't going to work now! Better build up play is required.

I have the same problem with Liverpool, I think the game is broken