adityajain

Reaction score
Cannot run game-failed to setup graphics system.

This error comes when i start FM 2011 demo Vanilla. Since my net is very slow(100kbps), i cannot download it again....

I have been using FM 10 on my system perfectly with 3-D view.. Need help!!

When exactly does the message appear and exactly what does it say?

I would make sure your DirectX and graphics card drivers are up to date.

i have the same directX as FM 10 and i don't have graphics card..

But have you updated the directX software? You would have to have a graphics card. FM won't run on integrated AFAIK.

Right click 'My Computer' > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager > Click the '+' Next to 'Display Adapters'

That is your graphics card manufacturer and model.

Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller

I will try with upgrading direct X.

Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller

I will try with upgrading direct X.

That is your problem. You have an integrated GPU - they are not really designed for any sort of gaming (except flash games...). They are really just for office work/web browsing ect. I don't know why that was able to run FM10 to be honest.

Is your computer a desktop or laptop? If it is a desktop you could buy a graphics card.

I was able to run FM 10 perfectly with 3-D mode.. wondering what will i have to run FM 11..

I was able to run FM 10 perfectly with 3-D mode.. wondering what will i have to run FM 11..
Well, you shouldn't have been able to ;)

Here are the System requirements for FM11:
  • Processor: XP : 1.4GHz or Faster, Vista/W7 : 2.0GHz or Faster
  • Memory: XP : 512MB RAM, Vista/W7 : 1.0GB RAM
  • Graphics: 128MB Supported Chipsets - Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater. Earlier cards may only display 2D Match Viewer Mode and are not supported
  • DirectX®: Version 9.0c (included)
  • Hard Drive: 2GB
  • Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
The Intel 82865G which you have only has 64Mb of Vram. This is not very much at all by today's standards. As you can see from the requirements at least 128Mb is required. To put things in perspective most discreet graphics cards have at least 1GB of Vram nowadays.

Not to worry though. If you are running a desktop you could buy a discreet graphics card and you could install it. It is not hard! ;)
However if you are not comfortable doing that then there are many shops around that do upgrades. A new card does not have to be expensive either. A decent card can be picked up for as little as $US80 - I am thinking may be a Radeon HD 5670?

Last edited:
But the system requirements for FM 11 are same as FM 10.

And i will not be allowed to buy new Graphics card..

HELP!! the game is not even starting!!

try downloading the latest drivers for your graphics controller from here

Same problem. Tried Steam. Tried with a official torrent. Tried with a ordinary browser download. And I cannot get a new graphic card :(

all these game setting people are talking about if you wanted to change them ie faces/grounds etc

do you have to start a new game???

all these game setting people are talking about if you wanted to change them ie faces/grounds etc

do you have to start a new game???

no just go to preferences, then display/sound and you can check/uncheck different options